New Hampshire
Options

Flowers and cake question

When should I be booking my cake and florist?TIA!

Re: Flowers and cake question

• Options
    hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in August and I just started meeting with florists. I have been told not more than a year out. In regards to cake, most places advise 2-6 months out from the wedding.
  • Options
    Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked both of those vendors around the same time. I'd say 7-8 months out maybe depending on how popular your date is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was very bad I didn't book until I was about 1 month away. We had such a low key wedding, and I took my time booking. You really should start looking about 1 year out the popular vendors book up quick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked both my florist and cake about 10 months in advance. I would highly recommend my florist - Kristin at Local Color Floral and my baker - Shara at Chickadee Hill Cakes. Both wonderful people and reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've already booked my cake, but I was trying to get things done before I left for school.  My uncle is doing my flowers and I've been in touch with him already.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our cake a few months back and will be sending in our deposit on flowers in the next week when we get the contract in the mail. I would think that since your getting married in a popular month it might be good to book them soon!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Book as soon as possible if your wedding is in June, July, September, or October. I'm a cake decorator and already am booked solid for Oct. of 2010.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards