Chit Chat
Options

Advice Advice Advice

Im new to all dis And barely engaged. Is there any advice u guys can give me about weddindg planning. We plan to wed March 11, 2012
Wedding Countdown Ticker {He Asked Me, I"M READY}

Re: Advice Advice Advice

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_advice-advice-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:ffcb266d-d3da-4d94-b1cf-6410bf88b49dPost:fcb46d70-96f7-45ec-86f5-49d1b86265fb">Advice Advice Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im new to all dis And barely engaged. Is there any advice u guys can give me about weddindg planning. We plan to wed March 11, 2012
    Posted by nutswifey[/QUOTE]
    Graduating high school would probably be a start.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Use your big-girl words.
  • Options
    Get a firm grasp on your budget.  Then you will know how many guests you can afford to host.  Come up with a guest list and you need to stick to it or it will get out of control very easily.  Figure out your venue and get it booked.  Don't make too many decisions this far in advance because you will likely change your mind later on down the road. 

And what the other ladies are saying is that this is a message board, not a text message.  Type out your words and use punctuation.  You'll get more positive responses that way.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker {He Asked Me, I"M READY}
  • Options
    Get a firm grasp on your budget.  Then you will know how many guests you can afford to host.  Come up with a guest list and you need to stick to it or it will get out of control very easily.  Figure out your venue and get it booked.  Don't make too many decisions this far in advance because you will likely change your mind later on down the road. 

This.. very good advice!
  • Options
    You lost me at "dis"
    imageimage
  • Options
    How are you barely engaged?

Also, March 2012 is far away, so relax. There are lots of checklists around anyways.
  • Options

If you're having a bridal party, wait until at least August 2011 before you ask anybody on either side to stand up for you.

• Options
    That is pretty far off. You could start by getting an idea or vision of your wedding, looking at photographers, venues, etc. But I don't think I would do much more than that until about a year out or even less.
  • Options
    i also suggest lurking around the boards for a while before posting, so you can get a feel for the dynamic.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_advice-advice-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:ffcb266d-d3da-4d94-b1cf-6410bf88b49dPost:65858a96-5249-4cf1-9b30-782828d110a1">Re: Advice Advice Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now, ladies, don't be so snarkey! 1. I highly recommend the book, Bridal Bargains, by Denise and Alan Fields.  It really helped us stay on our budget and save money.  You can buy a cheap copy at amazon.com. 2. Your wedding day is not "your day".  It belongs to your families, who are merging together with your marriage.  Be tactful and reasonable in your expectations.  Your wedding will not be perfect.  Nobody's is.  3.  Get pre-marital counseling.  Make sure that you are making the right choice.  Just because you are "in love" does not mean that you should get married. Best wishes to you, honey.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

I can't comment on #1, but #2 & #3 great advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards