Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Flats with tea-length dress?

Hi Everyone! I'm new here but I'm hoping you ladies can help me out with an opinion. So...I am fairly tall. My fiance is not. Normally this doesn't matter at all but he and I would both rather I not tower over him during our wedding ceremony....which means flats. I love flats but I have my heart set on a tea length dress. Is this going to look ridiculious? I can't even find any pictures of that combo and I don't want to look frumpy on my wedding day! What do you think? Should I just give it up and go with a floor length dress? Your opinions are appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Flats with tea-length dress?

• Options
    No! 
    I think it would look absolutely adorable! You can always do a kitten heel, but if you get a nice, dressy pair of flats I think it would be suuuper cute with a tea-length.
  • Options
    I personally am not a big fan of it, but on some people it can really look cute.  I just know that I would not be able to pull it off.  Have you tried it to see how it would look?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I tried it on but you know it's so hard to tell yourself. I talk myself into it and out of it. Plus I haven't found THE dress yet....I really hope it looks cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Audrey Hepburn rocked the tea-length dress with flats. I'm pretty sure if she says its okay, then its okay. :-)

I love kitten heels. Usually the heel is an inch or less- check them out!
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • Options
    I think it's super cute!  Definitely try it out!

I'm wearing flats because I'm ridiculous in heels.  Can't walk, let alone dance.  But I'm also a short person, and I probably will have a full length dress.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I'm also tall, and I think that I'd look into a kitten heel before flats.  There's not that much difference in height between the two, and kitten heels look great with tea length dresses.
  • Options
    Tea length dresses and flats make me look like I have stumpy legs :(  That said, I think it looks cute on more delicate leggy ladies (Like Ms. Hepburn)
  • Options
    One of my favorite summer dresses is tea length, and I ONLY wear flats with it.  I love the look and think you could do it easily if you wanted!
  • Options
    I"m a little late to this party, but I'm wearing a tea length dress and flats.  I'm taller than FI and years ago he said he didn't care if I wore heels every other day but I had to promise to wear flats to our wedding!  

I think that it's a pretty darned cute look.  Especially if you have a fifties-ish line to your dress (fitted bodice with a full skirt).  If you click on my sig picture, it'll take you to a site that has a terrible photo of me standing in my messy closet wearing my dress and shoes- might give you an idea of the look.  Or not.  because it's a very blurry photo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards