Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Garter... sizing question

I'm about to place the order for my garter, and they said to provide thigh measurements.  So I measured but am unsure whether to tell the exact size or, say, an inch smaller.  I've been losing weight and hoping to lose a few more pounds before the wedding (it's in two months), so not sure how much of a difference it will make.  

I know this is a small detail, but if anyone else has advice or can share what they did, I'd appreciate it!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: Garter... sizing question

• Options
    I would give them your exact measurement. You are not likely to lose so much  in the next couple of months to make a big difference in that measurement and there is a bit or leeway in garters to begin with as they are elastic based. If you are really pouring on the steam in your diet, you can take it a half inch down.  You don't want it to be uncomfortably tight

Have a beautiful wedding!

Patti
    http://perfect-match-bridal-jewelry.com
  • Options
    I think they were both vendors...
  • Options
    They have been both reported to the knot gods.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, that occurred to me after I responded.  At least the first person doesn't appear to sell garters... though the website in the siggy is a dead give-away, I guess.  Ah well.  I got some feedback from the girls on my Club Board and ordered the garter I had already decided on anyway.  

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_garter-sizing-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:02ce19ed-e761-4c18-814f-a703ab8bdbffPost:caaa2712-bf98-4258-8797-1dbab7f68de6">Re: Garter... sizing question</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have been both reported to the knot gods.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! </div>

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards