New Hampshire
Options

Hair Salon vs On Site

So girls, I already book my hair stylist (works in a salon but also does on site for weddings) to come to my parents house to do everyone's hair. However, my mother now thinks that it will be too chaotic having 9 people getting their hair done at the house, and thinks we should get our hair done at the salon So opinions? Was it chaotic? Which do you think is better? Thanks in advance girls :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hair Salon vs On Site

• Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i loved having my hair and make-up come to me. My hair stylist was VERY quick with up-dos so she had plenty of time to do all 7 people that needed to get their hair done (she came at about 10am and was done by 3:30pm). If you have her/them designated to a specific room, then it should be an issue. We were at a hotel and the hair was done in the bathroom, so she was out of the way while we were hanging out getting ready.GL!
  • Options
    AmyLou09AmyLou09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine done at the salon with the girls and I really liked being able to relax and not worry about things.  As soon as we got back to my mom's from our hair I felt like it got very chaotic and I was trying to find things or tell people what to do or being asked questions and at the salon I was able to just relax and spend time with the girls.  I think either way has it's pros and cons... does location matter?  Is the salon close to your moms house (i'm assuming you're getting ready there?)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The salon that the hair stylist is from is 40 mins away from my moms house....if I decided to go to a salon, I would probably choose a closer one and change hair stylists...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess depending on your mother's home, it might be tough to accomodate nine ladies on a wedding day (talk about crunch space for mirrors and room to breathe through all the hairspray!). My two BMs and I went to a salon alone and had our hair done there. It was nice to step away from the chaos at home and just live in the moment. Our photographers met us there and we had a lot of fun chatting and getting pampered.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think my mother is worried about that too..space...but the master suite has a large bathroom with a double sink....so I think it wold be fine there...she thinks it would be too cluttered
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 2 hair stylists and a makeup person for 10 people in my moms not so big house and they really don't take up much room. They were at her kitchen table and it wasn't crowded at all. I loved being able to relax at her house day of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 1 hairstylist for 6 of us and a make-up artist for 4 of us at our hotel. I had splurged for a bigger room so we could accommodate everyone. I loved having them come to us. It was one less thing to worry about. Also, we ran a little over with make-up so while the make-up artist was wrapping up one of my BMs we were able to put my veil on and take a few "getting ready" pics with our photog before she met the guys for their formals. If you are concerned about time and travel (40mins), but trust this stylist, I would recommend having them come to you. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do this.  It depends on the size of your mom's house and how many stylists you have coming. We are having a hair and makeup person come to us at my mom's house (maybe a few assistants depending on the final count).  I preferred it that way b/c it's only 15 minutes from the ceremony site.  And since my wedding is on a Sunday it will cost even more to have someone open a salon on a Sunday. For Heather's wedding we went to a salon and it was great.  They had 3-4 hair stylists and 2 makeup artists there for 10 people (I think).  It worked really really well and only took around 4 hours.  They allowed us to bring in breakfast and champagne so we had a great time there.  Definitely ask the salon if you can bring mimosas :)
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    maggiecroteaumaggiecroteau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say that having the hair and makeup come to us was the best decision I made.  I felt 100% relaxed.  I didn't have to go anywhere.  We had five people getting hair and makeup done in a one hotel room.  They set up on one side of the room with the best light and those of us waiting sat on the other side of the room.  I was able to relax and drink coffee and hang out in my pjs until it was time to start getting dressed.  For my sisters wedding we all had to travel 20 minutes away to get hair and makeup done and it was a bit of a hassle.  I understand your mom's concerns, but I honestly think you won't even notice the amount of people there--and you'll be thankful that you had that whole time to relax. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards