Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

How many dresses did you try on?

And how many different stores did you go to?  My dress shopping experience was so much fun, I didn't want it to end!  I tried on about 8-10 gowns (for some reason I can't remember the exact number.  I found my dress on the 5th I believe.  I was shocked, I thought I would be going to more than one store.  I don't regret buying it, after I knew it was the one I just tried on two lace ones (just to make sure) and then I knew I wanted to go with the one I fell in love with.  How did your experience go?

Re: How many dresses did you try on?

• Options
    I also didn't expect to try on and purchase a dress in under 3 hours!
  • Options
    I think I tried on about 9 in total but the first one I tried on that I went to the store to see ended up being THE dress. I knew it was the one when I put it on but had to try on a few more just to make sure I didnt just love all dresses LOL.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    I tried on maybe 25 dresses.  I went to 4 different stores on 2 different days.
  • Options
    I tried on two, at one store, and it took less than an hour. I thought I'd end up going to more stores and trying on more, but there was something about that very first dress that I put on that made it IT. I knew it and didn't want to go any further with the dress thing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i cant remember exactly, 20 or 30? Laughing
  • Options
    I went to three shops, and tried on maybe 6-8 dresses per shop.  I didn't want a strapless dress, so this really limited what I tried on (which actually helped me make a decision).  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I went to 4 stores and tried in total 25-30 dresses... i loved the dress at the 3rd store i went to... it also helped that i looked at their dress website before i went to the store... and i printed the ones out, that i liked and wanted to try on. Made it easier for the consultant too! :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I went to one store on two days (once bridesmaids dress shopping, but they made me try stuff on when they were done, and the next day was actually my appointment). I tried on 7 or 8 dresses total, and stopped when I found THE ONE... it made me cry. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I went to one store and tried on about 14 dresses over two different appointments.  The first store I went to had such a wide selection of things that I liked (and that were well within my budget!) that I didn't see the point in going anywhere else.  I think it's perfectly fine to stop looking when you've found "the one," even if "the one" popped up in under 3 hours - consider yourself lucky to have found it so fast!
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Probably upwards of 40. I started at Davids Bridal. where I tried on maybe 8 or so, then a local store near my parents, where for 2.5 hours they put me in every dress in the store, easily over 20. I only liked one, but it was way over my budget (they never asked), and I wasn't in love with it anyway. At the next store, I tried on 6, and found my dress, but I had one more appointment and my mom was in town, so at the last store I tried on maybe another 10, then went back to store 3 to order my dress :)
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    2 stores, 4 appointemnts, and 35-40 dresses. 

I also started a david's bridal and tried on 20 that first appointment. Went back with my family and tried on another 5-10. Then may sister and I went to a local boutique but I could only try on 3-4 becasue most of the dresses were way too expensive. I ended up seeing a new dress on the DB wesite, went to try it on and a few of my previous favorites and bought that dress.  

I bought it even though my friends I brought with me wanted me to get a different one... which looked REALLY GOOD on my but didn't fee like me. It made the dress even more "mine" because I bought it instead of the one everyone else wanted me to get!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I went to 5 stores and tried in total 25-30 dresses... there were a few that I liked a lot, but just wasn't getting the feeling of "this is IT."  Went to the last shop, tried on about 5, and #5 was THE ONE.  Left with the idea of ordering it at a later date, looked it up online and found out it was a discontinued style.  Raced back to the shop and bought the sample!  I love it everytime I look at it, and the funny thing is it's NOTHING like what i would have pictured, or what I originally started looking at.  But trying on a bunch helped me figure out what looked the best and made me be more open to some dresses I never would have even glanced at before...
  • Options
    I tried on 9 dresses, and #8 blew all of them away.  I was hoping to find my dress during that appointment, and ended up being lucky! Only an hour and a half later I walked out a veryyy happy camper.
  • Options
    4 or 5 stores, and probably 25 dresses. (Sorry, can't really remember). I found THE DRESS at the second store, but I actually tried it on 2 separate times at two different stores in 3 different colors just to be EXTRA extra sure lol
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    I went for fun with my mom one day while we were out doing errands, and found the dress after about 8 of them!
  • Options
    I tried on 26 dresses, in one day, over 3 stores. Still haven't found THE one. But now that I have tried on many different styles, I know exactly what I'm looking for when I go at it again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been to 5 stores and tried on at least 20 dresses. I've put a deposit down at one of the stores because I know I want to give them my business (they've been great!) but I haven't found *THE* dress yet. They told me they were getting their 2012 selections in early february so I'm gonna go back and try on my dresses then.
  • Options
    I went to one store and I tried on around ten dresses. This dress was actually the third one I tried on, but I was scared to make a decision after just three so I had to put on a few more before I went back to my dress. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_many-dresses-did-try?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:0d5d35b2-8e00-4831-a115-04163d8704cdPost:3145468f-767d-49fc-a7ec-851723387bec">Re: How many dresses did you try on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried on maybe 25 dresses.  I went to 4 different stores on 2 different days.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

My experience, except that I only went to 3 stores...I canceled my appointment at the 4th store because I had found my dress!

I really thought that I would love the experience and not want it to end, but man I was relieved when I found my dress and knew I didn't have to look anymore because it was just too stressful!

• Options
    5.5, one of them I put on half way and there was no way in heII I was coming out in it. The last dress was the one , I knew it before I walked out of the dressing room. Tooke about 1.5 hours .
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I tried on 11 dresses, all at one store. Number 8 was IT! That was in November and I can't stop thinking about it and waiting for it to come in, haha :)
  • Options
    I went to 3 stores- tried on 10ish at each store. The dress I got was in the first store, probably the 8-10th one I tried on. My grandma was sick and couldn't make it out so we did the whole thing over again at 2 of the store a few weeks later so she could participate and we bought "the one!" They commented that I tried on dresses really fast- like 1 minute per dress that wasn't "the one" haha
  • Options
    KatieK501KatieK501 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I went to two places one Saturday; tried on 10 at the first store and 6 at the second store.  Then went to another place the next Saturday, tried on about 15, but bought the second one I had tried on that day.  It was harder than expected because so many of them were flattering, and I had not decided on anything.
  • Options
    probably close to 40, if not more I honestly lost count, but it was ALOT.. haha. it wound up being the second dress i ever tried on, it wasnt what i thought i wanted, so i continued on with the image of a satin ballgown in my mind..haha. but i wound up comparing EVERY dress to that second dress, realized a satin ballgown was not for me and wound up with the lace mermaid dress I thought was not what i wanted even though it was stunning on me. :) SO happy with it, it just came in and its PERFECT!
  • Options

The first dress I put on is the one I absolutely fell in love with. What made it even more awesome was that the designer was in store and she came in and answered questions and chatted with me about the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards