Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Problems

Two years ago my aunts oldest child who she gave up for adoption found us again. She got engaged a few months after me and set her wedding date for sometime in 2012. My wedding is in September 2011. I ordered my dress in Jaunary 2010 a month after I got engaged.

Unfortunatley her adopted father was diagnosed with lung cancer, To ensure that her father got to walk her down the asile and saw her get married she moved her ceremony to next month. During my bridal shower I showed her a picture of my dress. So today I get a call from her sister, SHE BOUGHT THE SAME DRESS AS ME, it isnt the dress she wanted but because shes plus sized she was limited in her choices and also the time frame. Im so crushed, my family is now going to see my dress on her two months before my wedding.

I understand the need for the ceremony to be moved up, but I dont understand why she chose my dress. Her sister told me that its okay, no one will even notice that it is the same dress. Shes adding a sash and im being over dramatic.

I dont know if there is really any advice I can be given. There is no way either of us can change our dress. I really just needed to talk about this latest meltdown.

Two years ago my aunts oldest child who she gave up for adoption found us again. She got engaged a few months after me and set her wedding date for sometime in 2012. My wedding is in September 2011. I ordered my dress in Jaunary 2010 a month after I got engaged.

Unfortunatley her adopted father was diagnosed with lung cancer, To ensure that her father got to walk her down the asile and saw her get married she moved her ceremony to next month. During my bridal shower I showed her a picture of my dress. So today I get a call from her sister, SHE BOUGHT THE SAME DRESS AS ME, it isnt the dress she wanted but because shes plus sized she was limited in her choices and also the time frame. Im so crushed, my family is now going to see my dress on her two months before my wedding.

I understand the need for the ceremony to be moved up, but I dont understand why she chose my dress. Her sister told me that its okay, no one will even notice that it is the same dress. Shes adding a sash and im being over dramatic.

I dont know if there is really any advice I can be given. There is no way either of us can change our dress. I really just needed to talk about this latest meltdown.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards