Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Your first reaction to this dress...

I am browsing online at different dresses... and i think
I am torn between this dress kinda lookin like my
grandmothers table cloth with the lace on the bottom 
AND thinkin this dress is really beautiful...

What is your first reaction to this dress...
http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=asm3297&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=ASM3297
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Your first reaction to this dress...

• Options
    sas0402sas0402 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I am browsing online at different dresses... and i think
    I am torn between this dress kinda lookin like my
    grandmothers table cloth with the lace on the bottom 
    AND thinkin this dress is really beautiful...

What is your first reaction to this dress...
    http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=asm3297&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=ASM3297
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's gorgeous, but would have to see it on because I think there's a really specific body type that it would work for - I'm personally not that body type, but I really like this dress.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    It's a gorgeous dress.  The lace is a bit heavy for my taste but I'm not a big fan of lace anyway. 
    murrayed
  • Options
     think it looks great!!! very pretty
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely NMS.  That's a pretty bold lace.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like it, but I'm a fan of lace.  It looks like a combination of old and new.  And I don't think your grandma's tablecloth reaction would be quite so strong if it were in ivory, it would look less antiqued than the gold/ivory pairing there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_first-reaction-this-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:0f3b0500-7806-4aa8-bf8b-eefab82ee64aPost:4efc4067-da0b-4362-8d6a-4432e5e801ee">Re: Your first reaction to this dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely NMS.  That's a pretty bold lace.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I don't love dresses that have lace peaking out at the bottom like that.  But just because it isn't my style, doesn't mean that you shouldn't try it if you love it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_first-reaction-this-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:0f3b0500-7806-4aa8-bf8b-eefab82ee64aPost:4efc4067-da0b-4362-8d6a-4432e5e801ee">Re: Your first reaction to this dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely NMS.  That's a pretty bold lace.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

This exactly. And I am not usually a fan of dresses with that draping at the waist, they tend to accentuate body problems rather than camouflage them.
  • Options
    I think it's gorgeous!!
  • Options
    I think it's a gorgeous dress but I also think with the color & how all the lace is it looks like it should be on an older bride. It really depends on how it looks on you though & your taste.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It looks good for older person.....i'm not a big fan of the grandma's tablecloth looking bottom half.
  • Options
    Very pretty dress, but I don't like the lace.  I think it is too much.  But, you shoudl try it on and see how it looks on you.
  • Options
    Love it but def will take a very specific body type to pull off
  • Options
    I like the lace, though it could be more delicate. That said, I agree with an earlier post - this fits a specific body. You'd have to have small hips and no lower body issues... if that's you - try it on!
  • Options
    Love beyond LOVE it ! is the lace venetian? battenburg? I think you should go for this!
  • Options
    B-E-A-utiful. I love it. 

I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I definitely would have tried it on, given the opportunity. The only thing I don't like is the flower embellishment right on the rump.

IMO- WAY too gorgeous for a tablecloth.
  • Options
    love it!
  • Options
    gorgeous!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i think its very pretty an i usually don't care for lace.  if it fits with the style and tone of your wedding (this is a super formal dress IMO)  i definitely think it is worth considering.  however, if it doesnt fit with the tone of the wedding or your body type, id keep looking.
  • Options
    Grandma's tablecloth -not just on the bottom. The type of lace does not seem to go with the style of the dress. By the way, I love lace. My dress is covered in it!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! 
    I will def try this dress on.
    I dunno what it will look like on me.. but everyone keeps tellin me to pick out slender dresses.  I'm lanky.. small boobs.. about size 2.  I was lookin for dresses that are Aline, strapless, and form fitting around the hip area. 

...and i have to agree with a few of you girls... I am NOT a lace person either... but for some reason this dress caught my eye. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I liked lace I would like that dress. Its really pretty. I just dont care for lace.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's very pretty! I think you would have to be one tall lady for that dress though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes you will be surpised with what you like. Deffinately try it on! I actually like it, I think it looks very nice.
    Stacy Lee Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I love the back!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    GORGEOUS!  Totally NMS either, but it's a beautiful dress. 
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    It's not really my style, just because I'm not a huge fan of lace. I'd love to see it on you though. Some dresses aren't given justice in pictures :)
    Mommy-to-Be
  • Options
    I don't love the back, but I think the front is GORGEOUS.
    Hochari Tarpu chonge wanga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards