Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Has anyone had experience or heard a review for SOD-Store of Dress

They seem to have extremely low prices...I have had great experience with Pearl's Place online but this site is much, much lower...I am thinking I should avoid the site but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something new as they have crazy low prices!Thanks!!

Re: Has anyone had experience or heard a review for SOD-Store of Dress

• Options
    Er, I don't think I'd trust a website called "Store of Dress." That's like eating someplace called "Restaurant of Food."
  • Options
    ^ LOL!  My thoughts exactly.  If I were you, I would order from a site that has a long record of positive reviews (Pearl's Place, Netbride, RK, etc.).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We just love Pearlsplace.com and think they are great. So many friends have had wonderful experiences with them. Why would you go elsewhere. The place you mention makes copies of dresses from photos and I would avoid Store of Dress, one of another Chinese copy site. Not real company gowns. Just my opinion but as to Chinese copies I am correct.
  • Options
    I'm 99% sure "Store of Dress" is one of several China-based dress manufacturers that sells replicas of designer dresses... sounds great in theory, but the few pics I've seen looked HORRIBLE. And I've heard lots of complaints about the dresses being dirty/stained and sizes are totally off. I thought about testing it out by ordering a BM/flowergirl dress first, but decided anything that sounds too good to be true usually is.If you decide to take the chance, let us know how it turns out!
  • Options
    Sorry for the duplicate info - didn't read the PP! PS... the Better Business Bureau is a great resource for checking out businesses. I.E. www.netbride.com has a GREAT rating through the BBB.
  • Options
    DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!! I fell in love with a dress that was WAY out of my price range and found it there for $280!! It took a month longer to receive then they originally told me it would, I asked for diamond white and OFF white/cream, the dress isn't even finished!! The 'pleats' were seperated from the gown from hip to floor (supposed to be attached!) BUYER BEWARE! You seriously get what you pay for... maybe less.
  • Options
    I should've added this in the last one but to comment on someone elses comment as far as the replica's go... Davids Bridal does the same thing. They are basically a chinese based business that makes knock off's of other higher end gowns... of course they put their cheap low-end look to it.
  • Options
    of course they put their cheap low-end look to itLet's play nice now... lol.  Not all of David's dresses look cheap.  That's a pretty insulting thing to say.  I bought an Oleg Cassini gown from them, and it was gorgeous!  I was blown away by the quality because the lace and beadwork on it was much better quality than any other designer I looked at in my price range.  Also, it might behoove you to know that all designers copy each other (that's why almost every designer has strapless gowns, gowns with pick-up's, etc. etc... the same ol' same ol').
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards