Attire & Accessories Forum

helzberg rings?

please dont badger me cause im posting on this board, i post on this board, and this board only lolbut, we're looking into getting a new, better quality e-ring...anyone with a helzberg diamond out there? id love to see it or hear about it!TIA!

Re: helzberg rings?

• No sorry, Mine is from JBR Robinson.Good Luck though.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • I posted about this a couple days ago in Chit Chat. I fell in love with a Helzberg, well 2 or 3 haha, and I was totally set on it. They were super friendly and helpful and they seemed to be really good. Lately tho I've been looking at reviews on the website and a LOT of people are saying their diamonds have been falling out like crazy. They send them back, and then another one falls out. I'm sure other rings do that, but it seemed a bit much. Also, check out what a few posts on my previous one said. One said that her helzberg cracked, then they replaced it with like a yellow stone. Also... I guess the 4C's aren't that great. To me, this didn't really matter because I fell in love with the ring and the way it sparkled, not how much clarity it had. Well, FI talked to his friends who are jewelry store owners and they told him how low the quality of helzberg's diamonds were and how they are worth nothing (at least the radiant star that I wanted) if you ever wanted to sell it or trade it in. They said they have so many imperfections. BUT. IMO I loved all of Helzberg rings. I still love the one I found there (even though it's a lot less carats than I wanted) and if this other one FI ordered from a local place isn't that great, we'll probably just go with Helzberg anyway.
  • I am a certified Diamontologist and Gemologist with the Diamond Council of America and I can give some advice.  I won't say not to get a ring with Helzberg.  If you are in love with it, then you should have it.  But I can attest to the fact that their merchandise is certainly not in the high end of the quality range.  And everyone has their "specialty cut" but I would never recommend that over the traditional 58 facet cut.  The main thing you want to do when looking at jewelry is go over the warranty with a fine-toothed comb.  You want everything to be covered, the stones, the metal, all work needing to be done to keep it in like-new condition.  You also need to make sure they have a full-service shop on site.  At least that is what I would do.  I would not buy from a place that is going to send your jewelry away for a simple sizing.  Make sure you know the 4 C's of your stones.  For color, I would not go below an I, that is the lowest the human eye can generally go before seeing the yellowing of the stone.  I would also not recommend anything below an I1 in clarity, anything below that can be at risk of cracking due to the size and placement of the inclusions.  Color starts with D, DEF being colorless, GHI being near colorless, after that you get noticible yellow.  Clarity in SET stones begins with Internally Flawless, then VVS1 and 2 (very, very slightly included), then VS 1 and 2 (very slightly inclused), then SI 1 and 2 (slightly included), and then I1, I2, I3, and Industrial grade.  Again, nothing below an I1.  SI2 if you want to be super safe and get better sparkle.  If you need anything else, feel free to email me.  Aleighy62 at hotmail dot com.
  • When we were looking at e-rings, we went to Helzberg.  Everything was terribly overpriced and they were really, really pushy, to the point that they made me have a panic attack in the store because I didn't know (or care) how many prongs I wanted in a setting.  I will never go back there.We got a much better quality ring, and service, at a small local shop.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • the one i have in my siggy is $400...and its gorgeous! im absolutely in love with it!
  • I don't know specifically about Helzberg, but I would advise to be careful with chain stores because they don't necessarily offer the best value.  We couldn't spend a ton of money on my wedding ring so we went to some chain stores first thinking they would be cheaper but for $600, all I would have been able to purchase from them were I clarity diamonds with black spots (inclusions) that were definitely visible to the eye.  So then we decided to visit a smaller family-run shop instead and for the same price, I was able to get diamonds with VS1 clarity so they sparkle a lot more.  Get as much as you possibly can for your money!  Don't settle.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • i would shop around....we stopped in at helzbergs and alot of what they have you can get other places. if you are getting negative reviews, i wouldnt chance it. not on something like a wedding ring or band. we have stuck with jareds with everything and we shopped around, they are more professional, better customer services and much better quality. also anything you want changed or if you find something similar somewhere else they can make it for you or have it changed. i have chosen to change alot and customize pieces that i picked out and they have far exceeded our expectations on everything!
  • go to P&E board and look for a post from a few days ago "WTF Helzberg"....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards