Attire & Accessories Forum

Tale of 2 Dresses

I have found 2 wedding dresses the I really like. They are a bit different in styles though. One is a little fancy that is this really silky. The other is more simple made of organza. I am having a destination wedding in Hawaii in October. The Ceremony with be in a church but the reception will be outside. My fiance will be wearing a linen suit and I am afraid that the silky dress will be too fancy for what he is wearing and what we are planning.Need some help please!

Re: Tale of 2 Dresses

•  I would say pictures, please, but I think from the descriptions, I agree.  I would go with the organza, especially in Hawaii, it will breath eaier and will feel better in the more humid weather.  And with your FI wearing linen, the organza will match him better.
  • That is what I am thinking but I would liek to wear a vail and the organza dress wouldn't look right with one. See for yourself. I have pictures below.
  • I have friends that just got married on Maui. The groom wore khakis with a white shirt, the groomsmen wore brown and white Hawaiian shirts with khakis and flip flops. The bride wore a fairly formal gown with beading and bridesmaids wore dark blue Halter organza tea-length dress with satin ribbon detailing. I think it is up to you. Good luck! BTW...Their pictures turned out great! You can't beat a tropical sunset.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like the satin one. On the knot tv-Victoria & Michael the bride is wearing a silk dress very similar and the groom has a linen suit as well.
  • The organza looks like it'd suit Hawaii and the attire of your wedding party much better.  See if you can remove the veil attached to the dress, and reuse it for your hair. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards