Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Payment Basics

Hi All, I'm a newbiwe to this (engaged 1 month ago) and am looking for my dress. Can someone explain what happens after you say, yeah, this is the right dress? Like do I have to pay in full right then and there? If I do and they don't deliver, what recourse do I have (don't have enough credit and folks will need to pay cash). They said its going to be about 5 months till it comes in. The place is reputable and all, but I just worry. Could someone, anyone advise?? Thanks, Elizabeth

Re: Dress Payment Basics

• Options
    I can't say this goes for every store out there, but from those I've been to and those I've heard of, usually you put a deposit down when you order it [my store was 50%, but others may be more or less], and then you pay the balance when the dress arrives.  Personally I would advise against paying in full just to order it, but that's just something I would be uncomfortable with, given the shadyness that runs rampant in the wedding dress industry.If you pay in full and they don't deliver, you can always try to get a refund, but if they just refuse, you can take them to small claims court.  If you're paying cash, I advise that you keep meticulous records of all receipts, and get EVERYTHING in writing, and make sure that everything is signed not only by you but by the store representative, as well.  That way they can't say they never had a contract with you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    Hi! Congratulations on your engagement!Typically, at least from what I've noticed, most dress shops require payment in full, or 50% down.If you must pay cash, I advise putting the cash on a pre-paid debit card to pay.  This way you will have adquate documentation should something go wrong. It's very hard to prove a dispute with a cash payment.Hope this helps!
  • Options
    The salon I'm dealing with requires 50% to place order. I think that's usual. Just remember, allot for alterations, that depends on the dress and the store. Congratulations and good luck.
  • Options
    Its usually half down as a deposit and the rest of it is due when the dress arrives in the salon. Im sure you could make payment along the way if need be. Keep your receipts for proof of payment and you will be just fine. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards