Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Jackets or fabric from Maggie Sottero

Has anyone purchased a jacket from Maggie Sottero? Or some extra fabric? I'm debating if I should get a bolero jacket for my dress (Brittanya Lynette) and was curious about the cost. I've been looking around for a used jacket on eBay and other sites but no luck yet. I'm also wondering if I'd be better off buying some fabric and having a local seamstress custom-make me a jacket. I know that Group USA and David's Bridal sell jackets as well, but my dress isn't in yet so I won't be able to tell if they'll coordinate just yet. I'll ask my salon to quote me a jacket price, but I was just curious if any of you know the approximate price offhand. TIA.

Re: Jackets or fabric from Maggie Sottero

• Options
    I was considering purchasing the bolero off of Ilene - it was absolutly beautiful. The price that I was quoted was $200 and worth every penny. I looked at other boleros at a few different bridal salons but nothing compared to the quality of the Ilene bolero, the beading will take your breathe away! I ended up with a dress with a dropped waist and beading on the entire bodice and the bolero just won't have worked. But really, I think it was worth the price.
  • Options
    I am searching everywhere for lace bolero jackets. I had an appointment at David's Bridals last week and asked them if they sold them, they said no, you might check Kleinfelds! I'd appreciate any help out there as to where I can a selection because i want sleeves, and dresses I like with sleeves are few and far between. Thanks in advance!!!!
  • Options
    I don't usually post on this board but thought I'd chime in here, because I love the lace bolero's. Some ETSY sellers have some beautiful hand made bridal bolero's that are BEAUTIFUL, and at some reasonable prices, and some have long sleeves. They are custom made to your measurements. Here's some links:    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32596210&ref=sr_gallery_2&&ga_search_query=lace+bolero&ga_search_type=category&category=weddings&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=titlehttp://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30569251for more, just do a lace bolero search on ETSY, WEDDINGS. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi.  I'm getting a beautiful satin Maggie Sottero Bolero (high collar, 3/4 sleeves) from RK Bridal in Manhattan.  Meant to look at the receipt for you but I know it's at least $200.  I scribbled a few other notes down while I was searching -- try 1-877 294-4991 for the Maggie A3261 "Freesia" gorgeous lace bolero with ruffled sleeve; I think they can get it for you without the dress.  I'd also scribbled down 1-888 280-4179.  Please let me know what you all find because I may switch my dress and therefore my jacket! I'm nuts over the dress thing, but sort of loving it at the same time! Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you ALL SOO MUCH!!!!  I saw that Maggie gown, Freesia on her website and it is very pretty.  I will definitely post what I find as everyone has been very HELPFUL!!!!I found "my dress" it was a Maggie Sottero (with sleeves), but it has been discontinued, so I am back to searching.  WISH ME LUCK!!!Thanks again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards