New Hampshire

Need help picking my date!!!

Hi girls,

The dates that are open in the months that I like are:
May 5th
Sept 8th, 15th, and 22nd

I kinda feel like May 5th is pushing it with the chance of being rainy and soggy from April

Sept 22nd might be kinda chilly.

Which date would you choose?

Re: Need help picking my date!!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on September 24th, 2011.  This past September 24th, 2011 was a beautiful sunny, warm day. 
  • edited December 2011

Woops... I mean this past September 24th, 2010.

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well you never can tell because I got married April 24 and it was 70, sunny and BEAUTIFUL!   September can go either way as well, so I would go with whichever you like best without considering weather because its just so unpredictable in New England.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I would go with May or early Sept.  New England weather is hit or miss although if you can wait until Sept. you'll probably have better odds.  dls is right, I was in a wedding April 24th and it was perfect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I always wanted a May wedding, so that's what I would pick.  I also think I would feel the need to do fall colors at a September wedding and I'm really not a fan.  GL!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    May 5th is my birthday! But I'm biased! ;)
    Anniversary
  • ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The weather really is unpredictable, and it could have rain 365 days of the year- you just never know! Like dls, we also got married on April 24 and the weather was perfect - sunny and warm.

I always dreamed of having a fall wedding, so I would choose the mid- to late September date. But for us, because of the timing of our engagement, it just didn't work out that way - but our day was still everything I imagined it would be. So just choose the date that works best for you and FI that will give you enough time enjoy being engaged and to plan your special day. No matter which day you choose will be perfect!

Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We called to hold September 8th.  I'm not going to do fall colors.  I don't think i would use those until the end of Sept.  We're going with Navy blue, shades of pink and bright purples.  For now anyways.  AHHHH  I'm so excited haha.  We have waited sooooo long for this!
  • edited December 2011

I think sept 8th is a good choice, its not early spring, or late fall, its right in the middle and in my theory less likely to be cold and crappy...haha.

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! I was going to write September 8 as my choice out of those dates. It was just the date that jumped out at me. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    Thats awesome! Yay for choosing a date! Where did you book?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on setting your date! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

The day we sign the contract I will tell all of you the details.  I'm so scared to tell people the place, date and even make a ticker because I am petrified that everything will go wrong once again! 

You girls are the best and I'm so excited I get to start "planning" with everyone for real now!

• socongruentsocongruent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good luck! You chose my b-day! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Did you find THE venue? :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    haha Elizabeth yes we did.  It was the 4th place we looked at.  I always loved it.  My mother and grandmother walked into the ceremony area and started bawling and said this is the place before we even walked through the door.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! :) 
    Anniversary
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations---we have a date of 9/3/11 and picked Navy as one of the colors too!  Early September is still summer....albeit 'late' Summer.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on setting the date!  I just got married on 9/18 and the weather was fine temp wise but it was dark/cloudy.  Again weather in NE you can never predict.

Navy Blue is a great color, I went to a wedding in June that used it and the hot pink flowers and shoes looked fabulous.  I think you could use it in December.  We did David's Bridal Apple for my BM's dresses and DH had Blue Army uniforms looked fantastic.

Keep us posted on the venue GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards