New Hampshire

DJs??

Do any of you ladies who got married in NH have any recommendations for DJs? It is so hard to know what they are like without having been to an event where they were DJing!

Re: DJs??

• kpkeaneykpkeaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I'm no help just yet... I'll let you know after my wedding :)
    Anniversary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your budget?

Most people I think pay around $1000.  DJ was at the top of our list and it was given as a gift.  It was about $2,800 after tax and gratuity.  The company we're using is NuImage and they start at $2,500 for the higher end DJs.  But I'm pretty sure they have more affordable ones that are just as good.

I hear great things about Dave Lynch and
    Ra Mu and the Crew
  • edited December 2011

Wow that's awesome that you got a DJ as a gift! Unfortunately we cannot afford to spend any more than $1,000 for a DJ but our wedding is Nov 18, 2011 so sometimes they will give discounts for close dates that they aren't booked on. I will check out Dave Lynch and Ra Mu and the Crew :-)

• edited December 2011
    Definitely look into Dave lynch, everyone on here who has used him has raved about him which made me book him also.
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Dave Lynch and everyone at my wedding loved him!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Billy from Main Event DJ's .  They have many different DJs with different price levels.  They sent me a DVD of all of their DJ's doing weddings so I could have an idea of who might be a good fit for us. They have been great to work with.  We just met with Billy last week to finalize our music for my wedding on August 13th. We feel really good about our choice.
    Anniversary
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two others that you may want to consider are "Get Down Tonight Entertainment" and "The Main Event".  These are the two main companies that have multiple DJ's.  They have different DJ's for different price points.

We chose "Get Down Tonight" and are using Drew Rissler, (about $800) for five hours.  We met him when his company was hosting a bridal show at the Searles Castle in 2010, so we got to see samples and meet the DJ's.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Ramu and the Crew and he's been fabulous to work with!!  Definitely check him out!  He has videos and reviews (clicky), and the video definitely helped me see how he is in action.  Plus he includes so much!

Our wedding's only next week so I'll post reviews after, but I have a pretty good feeling about him based upon previous reviews and my experience so far.  GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using DJ Josh "J Boogz" Field from E.C.F. Entertainment.  He's actually a good friend of mine, but he's also the co-founder of ECF.  Even as a friend of mine, he's been very professional and has been incredibly responsive and easy to work with.  They don't offer specific packages because they customize everything for you.  I'm paying $1350 for two setups (ceremony and reception), 5.5 hours of music coverage, and a dance floor lighting package.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    We used Billy Rears from Main Event and we LOVED LOVED LOVED him!!! He played the best music that we wanted and we had high expectations and he lived up to them! He was part of our package at The Granite Rose so I don't know what his pricing is however, I would have paid any amount of money for him! He was perfect :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Rick Bowie from "Get Down Tonight" and I just love him! If you go to Get down tonight, they will send you this link that you can view these sample videos of all the DJ's. We were looking for a certain style and we saw him at a few bridal shows and he was awesome. He choreographed a dance to go with the song "save a horse, ride a cowboy" and will teach it at your reception.
    They will send you a list of all the DJ's available, the price for the DJ (they range from 600-1300) and their videos.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards