Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

To blush or not to blush?

Hello all!I am trying to decide whether or not to wear a blusher on the big day.  How many of you are walking down the aisle un-blushed?  Do you think it even matters these days?  What do you think? :-)

Re: To blush or not to blush?

• Options
    Totally up to you. I have a two-tiered veil, so I can decide if I want to use one as a blusher closer to the date. I'm not traditional (no one walking me down the aisle, etc) so if I do it, it's purely for looks.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I didn't do a blusher.It's becoming less and less common to wear one and I rarely see it anymore. If it's a look you like, go for it. If not, don't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am wearing a drop veil with a blusher, I like the way it looks nothing more nothing less.
  • Options
    I have a two tiered veil, that could possibly be used as a blusher.  At first I tried on a veil and a blusher and it was beautiful.  At my first fitting I only had on the veil and it was beautiful.  I am really leaning to not wearing one.  Oh well I have a little over a month to decide! lol  Thanks guys.
  • Options
    I am wearing a blusher but only for my dad. When he lifts it to kiss me goodbye or what not i will leave it back because i am nota HUGE fan of it but for him i will do it :)
  • Options
    I'm not planning on wearing a blusher. Just a fingertip length veil placed under my chignon.
  • Options
    Not planning to use a blusher.
  • Options
    I'm wearing a blusher for the entire ceremony, but it's for FI.  His one request for the ceremony was for me to wear a blusher because he's always had this vision of lifting the blusher right before he kisses his bride.  I'm not opposed to it, but I hadn't considered wearing it for the WHOLE thing.  I definitely don't mind doing it for him though.  I think it's cute that he has it stuck in his head like that.
  • Options
    Sabina - That's what we did and I think it's so romantic. Your new husband "unveils" you as his wife before the kiss.
  • Options
    I bought a veil without a blusher and didn't even think of what FI would want.  It's funny though, cause when I talked to him he said he didn't care what I wore as long as I am happy with it.  Of course, now I keep changing my mind about if I want to skip the veil entirely and use a flower... :\  I would feel bad not wearing it because my mom spent so much money on it.
  • Options
    I think it is a matter of if you want it or not. All of my friends did not wear one but I am only because I feel it is more traditional and how I pictured myself walking down the aisle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not going to - I'm wearing the veil near the back of my hair so it hangs back behind... I just feel like the blusher will make it harder for me to take in all the details of the day I want to remember... I don't want my memories "veiled" :)
  • Options
    I will be using a two tiered veil and a blusher... i've always just envisioned it being lifted off my face...  when we bought my veil at michaels... we bought two.  I sprinkled the major veil with crystals and for other other two tiered, we used one tier for the bridal shower (covered it with flowers because it was hawaiian themed) and i'm using the other tier for the blusher.  needs to be trimmed though!
  • Options
    is anyone using a 2t veil and using the shorter tier AS the blusher?  That's what I was going to do
  • Options
    I'm not wearing one. I didn't really care either way, but FI wants to see my face as soon as the doors open up so that one was up to him.
  • Options
    I am wearing a blusher, but not over my face. I am wearing one as a shorter veil in the back.....
  • Options
    i don't think it matters these days at all.  like everyone else on here has said, it's a matter of whatever you feel most comfortable and beautiful doint. we're having a traditional jewish wedding that includes a veiling ceremony (bedekken).  so i'm wearing a two tier veil, of which i'll use the shorter tier as a blusher.  i'll wear that down the aisle and through most of the ceremony.  i've always envisioned myself wearing a veil, and i LOVE how bridey i look in mine!  however, my sister just got married a month ago in a similarly traditional jewish ceremony (including a bedekken), and she chose not to wear a veil at all.i think it's great that we can reinvent traditions or discard them as suits us.    
  • Options
    This might sound silly, but I wasn't opposed to it until I tried one on...I don't know if it was just me, or from trying on a bunch of dresses, but my face got so hot, I would be sweating by the end! So I bought a single length veil that goes great with my dress :) Either way you will look gorgeous!
  • Options
    I fought with myself long and hard on this one. I always loved the idea of the über formal veil with blusher look so that my husband could unveil me right before the kiss. HOWEVER, I've also always loved the idea of a cage veil with flowers embellishing it. As I really started finalizing the details more, I realized that with the vintage look I've been planning, the cage veil is better suited.
  • Options
    I have decided not to wear a blusher. I think it is just a bother and worry for my father.  He worried about getting it just right and not messing it up.  Besides, I want my groom to see me without the veil in the way!
  • Options
    I am not.I'm pretty traditional, but I don't want to be irritated by a blusher.  I decided spontaneously to even wear a veil (I was going to not wear one, but got talked into it when I was buying my dress and my mom and sisters were there....)Then again, this is the only time you'll ever be able to get by with wearing a veil with a blusher.Whatever you want!
  • Options
    Tayley why not wear the blusher/veil for the ceremony then change to the birdcage for the reception and/or pictures? :)
  • Options
    At this moment im not even wearing a veil.  Fresh flowers with a low sitting up do.  It may change later on down the road, but i definitely dont want to hide my face at all, im paying to have make up done and I want people to see me glowing and probably in tears.
    "The perfect marriage begins when each partner believes they got better than they deserve."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards