New Hampshire

Dessert Recommendations - Portsmouth

We would like to have a dessert table at our wedding, with a small wedding cake for us to cut.  I've been in touch with Jacques, but was wondering if anyone knew of any other bakery that we could compare prices with?

Re: Dessert Recommendations - Portsmouth

• Do you mind sharing what you discussed with Jacques and prices? What desserts are you including?  I will be making an appointment with Jacques and want a dessert table no cake. 
  • I'm using Wild Orchid Baking co. on rt 1.  It's so nice supporting a local baker and I did a tasting the same day I did Jacques and preferred her buttercreams hands down!  The pricing was the same, but her design is more elaborate and we're getting a free cake for our one year anniversary.
  • Another option might be Beach Pea - it's in Kittery, but they have FABULOUS baked goods.  I've gotten cakes there a number of times, and if we were having our wedding on the seacoast, I would def want them to do our cake.  SO GOOD!

If not Beach Pea, Sweet Dreams bakery (in Stratham) is also pretty good. Not sure what they'd do for a sweets table, but another place to check out.

Galley Hatch (Hampton) has a lot of options as well.

Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Galley Hatch /Popovers do have a good selection, a bit pricey but yummy. Wild Orchid, I didnt have good luck with.  Looked fantastic, but not cooked in middle, ended up in trash.  Beach Pea is also a good choice.  There was also a place in Hampton in Depot Square, not sure of her name.
  • We're using Popovers on the Square in Portsmouth.  Wonderful desserts!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards