New Hampshire
Options

PLEASE HELP!!! Flower

HI! So I'm a Midwest girl who moved to NH for my FI, and planning a July Cape Cod wedding. I've tried asking on other boards for silk flower help, but haven't had much luck.

I'm a DIY bride, and am making everything that has to do with flowers for my wedding. I recently found out I need to purchase my flowers up here in New England (my MOH was going to get me silk flowers at Garden Ridge....awesome store, unfortunately the nearest one is in NY). I've been to the Michael's stores in Concord, Manchester, and Nashua, but they don't have flowers in the colors I need (hydrangeas and orchids....light purple, bright green, and some white).

Do any of you know of other places I can look for silk flowers? If any of you have purchased silk flowers in NH or even online (there's soooo many websites to sift through!) I'd love to hear where you purchased them. The craft stores I'm used to don't seem to be around this part of the country, so any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!!!!!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Flower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know too much about where to buy silk flowers, but we have an AC Moore in Nashua that's off of exit 7 that has some.  I'm not sure that their selection will be any better than Michael's though.

Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should clarify, I'd like to construct the bouquets and boutonniere, etc. I don't want to buy them pre-made. I want to be able to put them together how I want so I can add my touches to it. So I guess I'm looking for stems?

Thanks again!
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    Grenons Trading Post in Bedford has a HUGE selection of silk flowers.  I think they are on 101 in Bedford.  They also have a large selection of ribbons, candles and other craft supplies.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    edited December 2011
    Interesting! I think I've seen AC Moore stores, but never knew what they were until now. I can't wait to get down to Bedford to check out this trading post! Thank you both!!
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    edited December 2011
    Bad news....I can't find an address to get driving directions to the trading post :'( haha, what a roller coaster of emotions I'm having :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grenon's...  definitely.
    276 Route 101 Bedford, NH. Phone: 603-472-3946

I also liked afloral.com
    I had silks too, but had them made by a seller on ebay.  I did a lot of research before going with the ebay seller... let me see if I can find my resources again.
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    edited December 2011

Yea! Thanks chayer...   :)

• Options
    Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Michael's, Grenons and Afloral. My flower balls were made with stems from Michael's (the white gerbera daisies) and afloral (the red ones).

While Grenon's has a good selection, they have raised their prices recently and no longer offer the 50% off total purchase that many of us used for our goods so they may not be in your price range.

However I got 100 stems from afloral for around $40. And they came in great shape and really quickly.

GL!
  • Options
    pixiepresserpixiepresser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Grenon's in Bedford, NH on Rt 101.  Also you can try Cataldo Nursery in Littleton, MA I was there this past weekend and they have an incredible selection of really good quality silk flowers, call ahead as they are only open a few days each week.  Best of luck!  Kristina
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the responses! I definitely wouldn't have found out about any of these places if it hadn't been for you all. Can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grenon Trading Company, Rt 101 Bedford NH.  Great selection, they have a florist who works there and can make recommendations.  Prices are reasonable, but remember silk flowers can be more pricy than real flowers depending on what you want.
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    edited December 2011
    Ladies,
    You all are officially my HEROES!!!!!!!!! I got the morning off of work and trekked down to Grennon's. SO WORTH IT. Oh my god, I found everything I wanted in the colors I needed, and it all compliments everything I've gotten so far. I must've spent an hour in there, and easily could've spent all day there. I am so grateful I can't even tell you all. I never would've found this place on my own. I owe every one of you a huge THANK YOU for helping me find the perfect flowers for my perfect day! Much Thanks! ~Dawn :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards