New Hampshire
Options

Looking at our first choice venue THIS WEEKEND!

This weekend we'll be taking our first step to planning the wedding- Looking at our possible ceremony/reception site (same place)! Incase anybody is wondering, we're checking out Alpine Grove in Hollis. The only room I'm interested in is the pavillion room (built in 2010)... it's the smallest room & although can be used for weddings, is more common for other events such as reunions, BBQ, etc. Well our dream wedding is a BBQ w/ lawn games...but we/friends/family don't have a yard either big enough to use/enough parking.

ENTER: The Pavillion room at Alpine Grove. In that room (& only that room I'm pretty sure) they have a few BBQ menu options. & the best part- the room comes with lawn games! It automatically comes with Horseshoes, mini golf, basketball, volley ball, and a field where you can set-up something- I'm liking the idea of ladder ball. We will inform our guests about the outdoor games so peole will dress comfortably. There are also picnic tables outside that we would provide card games (reguler deck, uno, phase 10, skipbo, etc) as a way for guests to be outside with the others while relaxing. Also good for guests who may have overdressed or worn highheels (even though the invite will be clear as to wear comfortable clothing...but there will always be that one person lol) or are just plain not interested in the games.

I know a lot of knotties are against BBQ weddings and/or lawn games... but me, fiance, and our families are really excited about the possibility :) And that's really all the matters if you ask me. As long as this place turns out to be everything we think it is- we're booking it. We didn't find any place comparible in price or was casual enough for the style wedding we wanted. Wish us luck!!!!
126 Invited image
37 Ready to Rock! image
9 Party Poopers image
80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking at our first choice venue THIS WEEKEND!

• Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy your visit at Alpine Grove.  This was one of the first places that we looked at, but after seeing it, we decided against it.  Based upon the style of wedding that you describe, it may work out really well for you.  Their prices are very reasonable.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The plan for your wedding sounds like a lot of fun!  Good luck with the visit, I hope you really ilke it!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Alpine Grove sounds like it would fit perfectly with what you are envisioning. I don't know if you want to have your ceremony there too, but they have a great space for that. Really nice!

• Options
    ScottCayla11ScottCayla11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds perfect for you! Make sure you let us know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    biacoviellobiacoviello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When one of my daughters got married (wow, 4 1/2 years ago) we had the ceremony at the gazebo next to the Pavillion and had the reception there.  It was perfect for her too and it was sooo much fun.  We didn't play softball or anything but the kids could run all they wanted in the field, it was perfect to have the deck for dancing and we really enjoyed the mini golf too.  Because the music was out on the deck it was much easier for people who wanted to stay inside and talk to visit with one another without competing with the music.  It worked out perfectly for her vision and it sounds like it will for you too.  Alpine Grove is great to work with, they have beautiful spots for pictures, and the price is very reasonable.  Enjoy.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My father is getting married there this July. Sounds like you two are looking to have similar weddings.  I haven't seen it myself but he and his fiance love it there.

Hope your visit went well!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry guys, totally forgot I posted this lol We booked it and set a date!!! Would you believe that the room rental was only $350 AND came with the lawn games? I was in shock lol

Biacoviello- So glad to hear it worked out for your daughter! I've heard of people having their wedding there but have never heard some sombody using the lawn games. Although I got a feel for what my family/friends would think about this style reception, it's always good to hear it worked out well for other people! Were you able to hear the music really well while playing the mini golf? Our ceremony is gunna be the "Bridge Gazebo"...that's the one that the 'isle' we walk down is over the bridge...I love it! I considered the pavillion gazebo and the coordinator suggested we book it so nobody else does (so we can set-up the games on the open field) but I just absolutley fell in love with the bridge as my isle that I had to have it hahaa

Mariegra- Yeah, it's not for everyone. What did you end up going with as your venue instead? Good luck to you!!

Gr8fulbrat- It's a hard place to describe...because the room is absolutley beautiful,  without being really classy. Although if you wanted to spruce up the room and leave out the lawn games iot could absolutley be a sophisticated wedding. Oh...just realized I can totally upload pictures! haha can you tell I'm new to posting (although I have been stalking threads for a year lol)

The Room

The dance floor (see to the left, the double doors leading ourside to the tented dance floor!) Then if you walk down the ramp off the deck it leads to the mini golf & other games!

Start of the mini golf coarse (It's all 18-holes!)

Horeshoes- this is right next to the mini golf

Volleyball & badmitten (& my Fiance lol)

The "Isle' we walk down!!!!

Where we say "I do"! we will obviously make the gazebo look nicer& they put a whiute arch out in front of it too. On the grass (where I took the picture from) is where all the guests will be sitting. Also the dirt will actually be stone by the wedding!

What do you all think? We're going for a cute, fun, & casual feel...without being completley classless. Also...all the wedding dresses I have been falling in love with are not really BBQ food and lawn games appropriate lol I am loving Maggie Sottero dresses that people would wear to their classy receptions. Do you think I'll need to get a reception dress. How on earth am I gunna make myself change out my gorgeous dress after only 1 or 2 hours of wearing it, & I payed more money for it than I will any other garmet in my life.

126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards