Attire & Accessories Forum

XP: Garter

Do you think it's appropriate to wear a garter if you aren't doing a garter/bouquet toss?  I found a super cute one for 15$ that I want to wear, but Im not sure if it will just be a waste of money bc no one will see it.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Garter

• I don't think it's a matter of appropriate or not appropriate... If it's something you like and want to wear, do it! 

I am not doing the garter/bouquet toss at all, but I am toying with wearing a garter too b/c my mother has hers and it would mean a lot to her if I wore it.  No one will really know but she and I, but it will make her feel good, so why not!
  • I say do what you want.  I'm wearing a garter, because it's the one and only time in my life that I can.  Laughing FI and I are back and forth on the idea of a garter toss (currently, he wants to do it.  Last month, not so much).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I have a garter and we are not doing a garter toss. I was on the fence about it but I found a beautiful lace one. I figure it's a little surprise for when we get to the hotel after the reception :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I'd go ahead and wear it...you guys can have your own private garter removal after the wedding =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_xp-garter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:16d34c9c-35a8-47c8-bf0a-ebce8ffb3b8fPost:c885c12c-e447-4401-81e6-2cb380b14741">Re: XP: Garter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd go ahead and wear it...you guys can have your own private garter removal after the wedding =]
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

<span style="font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">This!</font></span>
  • If you want to wear one go for it!  I will be wearing one, even though we haven't decided if we want to do the toss or not.  
  • My mom didn't do a garter toss. If we can find it, I am using her garter and my dad will pass on his arm garter (ball and chain around the left arm) to my FH. It's not a waste if you keep it as a momento. My mom didn't want a garter toss and they were living in a holiday trailer at the time so it was a small keepsake that they could pack with them (dad worked road contruction back then).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards