New Hampshire
Options

Bridesmaids Dresses!!??

Hi all, so I was wondering where a good place to look for bridesmaid dresses- somewhere with a lot of various color options as I have a specific green in mind ;) 
Also, if I'm planning a July wedding for 2011, when should I be getting my girls together to go for a fitting? Thanks so much for your advice.. I feel a little lost on all of this stuff!!

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses!!??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Marry & Tux in Nashua has a wide variety and I hear Modern Bride in Bedford does also. When I went to Marry & Tux they said it takes up to 5 months for a bridesmaid dress to come in, but that's about the only help I can give you as I'm a later date than you but hope that helps! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Modern Bride has a large selection, as does Marry & Tux.  David's Bridal does too, but the customer service reviews of the Nashua location aren't great.  With my girls, we actually just bought cocktail dresses from JC Penny.  It doesn't hurt to check out those kinds of places too because they are usually a lot cheaper.  Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Often, J.Crew has lots of dress options, with sales online or in the outlet stores.  They often (at least online) have lots of dress styles in quite a few color options. :)  I plan to check out stores like that before going to a bridal store, in hopes to save some money!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My bridesmaids got theirs at Marry & Tux.  I took about four months.  I would suggest waiting until about 6 months before to order them.  My girls ordered in November and got them in February for our October wedding.  My sis found out she was pregnant and another has lost about 50 lbs. since then so both will have to have a lot of alterations done.  I wish I hadn't had them order them so early we might have been able to avoid them having to pay for a lot of alterations. 

Anne at Marry&Tux was great though!  I didn't like the service at Davids Bridal. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from Marry & Tux and they are green :) The exact green I wanted!

Ordered in January, came in April

I would have ordered them a little later but one of my girls was leaving for Americorp  and we wanted to get it done.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest waiting, that way you're also not locked into a dress.  My MOH lost 100lbs before the last wedding she was in, and one of my other BM's is losing a lot of weight now so the dresses will fit weird.  DB has been good about getting them in quick, I was pressured to pick by Jan for a Sept wedding, and now all but 1 dress is in before the end of April.

I went through Nashua DB for my BM's and had an alright experience, but I didn't buy my dress from either DB I visited and I couldn't find the exact shade of cranberry I wanted to so I had to go more red.

Take the time to shop around and really look.  I love the cocktail dress idea from JC Penny too, that way it's not as expensive, and you can wear the dress again.  You could chance after prom sales too depending on if you want everyone in the same dress or not.

GL!
  • Options
    jrich7686jrich7686 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!! I found a dress that I LOVE in Brides magazine-- it's an Aria Bridemaid dress- anyone have experience with using them? It's the exact color I'm looking for. Thing is, one of my BM's is getting married in August in Nebraska..so she's going to be crazy busy this summer-- so I scheduled an appt at Aria in Boston for all of the girls in June. Now, based on reading your advice, is that a bad idea since my wedding isnt until next summer? Too early? I highly doubt any of my BM's will fluctuate in size too much... should I reschedule the appt some time in the fall?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you photograph the dresses if at all possible.  My dresses are coming out a different color (of course this is just with a digital camera not professional), but if you have a set color in mind, make sure it will come out the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards