Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Groomsmens' attire?

Hi everyone! First post. My wedding colors are purple and silver, and I would love to have the groomsmen wear gray suits with purple ties. Is this appropriate for a formal evening wedding? Thanks!

Re: Groomsmens' attire?

• Options
    lulu4150lulu4150 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    welcome to TK!

if its a formal wedding i personally would go with tuxes.  suits are usually for more casual morning/afternoon weddings.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_groomsmens-attire-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:17577786-9149-4a6a-aca7-0b090d94598ePost:423e5f81-7508-410d-b994-21115c3dc6cb">Re: Groomsmens' attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]welcome to TK! if its a formal wedding i personally would go with tuxes.  suits are usually for more casual morning/afternoon weddings.
    Posted by lulu4150[/QUOTE}

I know nothing about formal menswear really LOL, I had already looked online at some tux rental shops and had picked out what I thought was a suit, but maybe it's a tux? Gray pants and jacket, vest, white shirt and tie. Is that a tux or a suit? Sorry for my cluelessness!
  • Options
    sounds like it could be either one.  i dont know a ton about menswear either. LOL.  do you have a pic? 
  • Options
    If it's grey, it's probably a suit.  Personally, I think tuxedos should be black, not any other color, but it seems like there is a trend of grey and even brown and tan tuxedos now.  I think in 20 years we'll look back on those and wonder what we were thinking (like we look at powder blue tuxes from the 70s now...)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Something kinda like this but with vests.

• Options
    Those are suits.  With vests, they would be three-piece suits.   I think it looks awesome.  

Not sure if you can rent these or not.  However, Men's Warehouse and Jos. A Banks often have buy-one-get-one-free sales that might be a good way to get everyone the same suit for a much lower price.  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I think that the purple ties will be striking against the gray suits. Sounds perfect.
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards