Attire & Accessories Forum

Satin is unforgiving if your not a size 10! Help please!

So I bought my wedding dress from DB about a month or so ago and I absolutely love the dress!!!!! I tried it on lastnight with the long line bra that I bought to go under it. The bra is too small first of all!. So Now I'm going to sale it to one of my BM's. I plan on buying a strapless bra, but I need some type of firm support shapewear. I would prefer to have a brief style with snaps or hooks in the gusset, but it has to come up to my bra. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated greatly!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Satin is unforgiving if your not a size 10! Help please!

• Why do you need all that?  If the dress fits correctly you shouldn't need armor under it!
    If I'm misunderstanding and you just want something to smooth things out, I'm a big believer in Spanx.
  • Ditto Spanx...try one of their Slim Cognito shapers.  Some of them have hooks to attach it to your bra.  If you have a Nordstrom in your area, they carry a great selection.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Spanx all the way. I wore mine when I went to try on dresses and will be wearing it on my wedding day. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Spanx is the way to go!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm a little crazy about clean lines. thats the main reason for the shapewear lol. I'm a little pudgy in the midsection, So I need something to smooth me out.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_satin-unforgiving-not-size-10-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:19c443c3-d468-46c3-a15b-28b81355c924Post:145e4715-83fd-48b4-b4a4-8860ed81ec75">Re: Satin is unforgiving if your not a size 10! Help please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do you need all that?  If the dress fits correctly you shouldn't need armor under it! If I'm misunderstanding and you just want something to smooth things out, I'm a big believer in Spanx.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
  • We don't have a nordstrom in our area, but I can order them offline. I'll have to do that and see if they work. Thanks girls. :)
    If theres any others in mind just let me know :)
  • My dress is certainly not a 10 and it is satin but looks awesome because it has diagonal ruching. It is all about the detailing!

Oh, and yes. Get SPANX. Good stuff there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you have Steinmart in your area, I've gotten Spanx there for about 40% off the retail price that Nordstrom and other finer department stores charge.  Best wishes!
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Thanks for the wishes Nickie! Unfortuantly my dress just has detail along the natural waist line. I love it! It's simple, yet classic. So I can't hide behind the detail lol. Yea I'll totally have to try spanx then, if I can get them. If they dont work then im going to freak out lol. Theres not too much time left. Thanks girls!
  • You should be able to get the spanx from Nordstrom online.  Do you have a Target nearby?  Target has a brand called Assets that is similar to Spanx.  It's not as good, but it might be worth trying that first if it's more convenient.

As for the spanx, I have the mid thigh slim cognito in nude and love it

You might like the slim cognito bodysuit because it attaches to your bra

No matter what, make sure you get the right size.  I had one that was too small and it was awful - kept rolling down and exaggerating my muffin top, riding up my butt...awful.  Got the right size and, whddayaknow?!  This stuff actually works!
  • Hahah Yea Ive had shapewear to do that. It was cheaper shapewear though. So it was almost expected. I'll take a look at the Target brand and see then if not I'll go ahead and order the spanx. Im just uncertain on the size really. Bc I'm a 14 in reg. clothing, and had to get a 16 in my wedding dress. So I'm not sure on the shapewear.
  • Assets is actually the same company as Spanx, it's just their low-cost line.

Any department store will also sell plenty of shapewear. I would recommend going to a store where you can try stuff on. Some brands will fit better or be more comfortable than others.
  • Well ladies, I found something from Belks. I bought it and tried it on, and it works. It helps to smooth out, but I'm just still not too happy about it. I'm on a budget and really don't have the time to look for anything else. So now I'm not sure what to do. The item itself works, it helps to minimize my midsection some. But I don't know if it's just where im self conscious, especially in my wedding dress because it's satin, or if it's just that I had a different image in my head.......

Who knows. Maybe I need to lose 10 lbs. ha Undecided
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards