Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shoe issue

I am having a problem finding shoes. I physically can not wear heals because of all the surgeries I have had on my left foot. Also due to all the swelling that tends to happens I really am not fond of wearing Ballet flats. Is it ok to wear tennis shoes under my dress? I am always in a pair of Converse or Flip flops so I was thinking of getting a custom pair of converse in my wedding colors with the word "Wifey" embroidered on the side. I am curious on what others think of this idea. 
All input is welcome.

Thanks!

Re: Shoe issue

• Options
    I know most people will tell you tennis shoes have no place at a wedding, I say go for it, you really need to be comfortable on your wedding day. 

I'm sure my friend wont mind me sharing her picture.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Go for it! Especially if it a matter of comfort. I'm wearing flats, although it did take some hunting for some comfortable ones.... I find ballet flats can be tricky but luckily Zappos has free shipping!
  • Options
    Aside from the fact that I HATE without any reason the word "wifey" (see also, "hubby"), I don't see a major problem if you have foot problems. P

I would also consider looking for a slightly dressier type of shoe though, especially if you wear Converse on a regular basis because it doesn't make sense to me to have a once in a lifetime dress with every day shoes. If you're comfortable in flip flops, you can totally find nice, dressy versions of those or other sandals that might be equally comfortable but fit the style of your dress better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did! I'm also am not a heel person but I found a glittery pair of sneakers that I wore all night long and no one even knew Wink 

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Coming from someone who lost not one but two toenails at her wedding, I say go for comfort!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shoe-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:1b724361-14c7-4a9a-b2bc-12e040ae5979Post:062b4457-f9f3-4275-a2bd-ed6305d1ef57">Shoe issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having a problem finding shoes. I physically can not wear heals because of all the surgeries I have had on my left foot. Also due to all the swelling that tends to happens I really am not fond of wearing Ballet flats. <strong>Is it ok to wear tennis shoes under my dress?</strong> I am always in a pair of Converse or Flip flops so I was thinking of getting a custom pair of converse in my wedding colors with the word "Wifey" embroidered on the side. I am curious on what others think of this idea.  All input is welcome. Thanks!
    Posted by ldegitz78[/QUOTE]

Is it ok? Sure.  Would I do it?  No.  It's the most expensive dress I'll ever wear and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing everyday  sneakers with it.  I feel there are plenty of flat shoes, sandals, etc that would look beautiful.
  • Options
    DaveandRoxyDaveandRoxy member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I don't see sneakers as a problem. Depending on the length of your dress, no one will probably know. This website even has Bridal Sneakers. Pretty cute. But the term wifey always seems kind of trashy to me. But if you like it go for it. It's your wedding. 
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thnk you so much for the input. I will give "wifey" more thought. 

DaveandRoxy thank you so much for that link! Those are so cute! I will definatly get my shoes there!Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards