Attire & Accessories Forum

Make-up?

Hi everyone! I'm trying to decide what to do with my make-up for the big day... I really like the products I have, so I don't know if it would be a waste to go somewhere and have them do my make-up instead of just doing it myself. What are you all doing? 

Thanks! :)

Re: Make-up?

• I had mine done professionally, and it was so worth it. I get very shaky hands when I'm nervous, and I knew that smudging my makeup would send me over the edge. So I was happy to let someone else do it for me.

One thing I did while trying to decide though, was go to Sephora and do a consultation. It's free, and they just grab some products and try out a look for the big day. There's no pressure to buy, so you can use what you've already got on hand or buy a new item or two to recreate the look they do for you.
  • If it is in your budget I would let someone else do it. It will be one less thing you have to worry about the day of and the days leading up to the wedding!

• I had a makeup consultation done and I have been working on the look, so I am going to do mine myself....
    Mrs. Jones= again Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having my regular hairstylist, who's also a makeup artist, do it.  I went for my trial this weekend and loved it!  I'm so glad I asked her to do it.

My best friend and BM, who is also engaged, went with and liked my makeup so much that she decided she's going to get hers done for my wedding and also wants to book my artist for her wedding next Sept.

I think it'd definitely worth having someone else do!  Then again, my girl is very very reasonable at $25! (using all MAC products)
  • I'm having someone else do my make up, mainly because even though I'm good at doing my own make up, professionals are better, but also because I don't want to have to worry about it on the day of.  I don't want to be worrying about whether or not my eyeliner is crooked or if my mascara wand touches the skin around my eyes.  I just want to sit in a chair and relax and have it taken care of for me.  To me, that's worth paying for.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:1c40dcf6-1f54-4647-b676-2213ea170cb8Post:608c35b6-2b13-479e-b7eb-2ea41c8b744d">Re: Make-up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having someone else do my make up, mainly because even though I'm good at doing my own make up, professionals are better, but also because I don't want to have to worry about it on the day of.  I don't want to be worrying about whether or not my eyeliner is crooked or if my mascara wand touches the skin around my eyes.  I just want to sit in a chair and relax and have it taken care of for me.  To me, that's worth paying for.
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

totally agree.  pamper me, baby!
  • I had my hair and makeup done professionally for the wedding, and they traveled to the bridal suite where we were getting ready and did it there and a few of the girls in my wedding party as well. It was great to have professional hair and makeup and to have airbrush makeup which lasted all day through the tears and the sweating since it was outside in late June. HTH!
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    1000 Comments
    edited September 2010
    having mine done, airbrush. professionals are always better IMO.

I don't consider the mall counter reps to be professional, they are not cosmetologists. I would suggest going to a spa/beauty salon that has cosmetologists
  • I tried 2 different places for make up trials and I hated them both.. I can't seem to find someone who knows how to apply makeup without making me look worse than how I can do it myself..
  • My MOH is a MAC artist, so she's doing my makeup. We're both really excited about it, just wish she lived closer so we could do some trial runs. Most counters do require you to make a purchase if they do your makeup, though. Last time I went to MAC, they had a minimum of $60. Don't know if that's changed recently...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    135 Invitedimage 105 Ready to Partyimage 30 Missing Outimage
    RSVP Deadline: 9.30.10
  • I am having mine done professionaly. They can do a lot more then I can think of!!
  • So I've decided to have my make-up and hair done by a professional on the day of as well, but have no idea where to look.  Any recommendations on artists you've used/booked and/or where to find them??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards