Attire & Accessories Forum

Champagne/Oyster dress brides - show me your reception!

Said yes to the dress, but now I'm freaking out about colors.  I ended up with Maggie Pasadena in champagne oyster and now I have NO idea what colors I want to end up with for the decor!  I need some inspiration from other brides that had an offwhite dress.  I'm not big into green, brown or light blues or pastels....which I've only seen green and brown combos used with oyster so far. 

I'm worried about white tableclothes next to my dress!

Re: Champagne/Oyster dress brides - show me your reception!

• Your dress (no matter what off-white color it is) is a neutral color, so because of that you can do whatever color scheme you want.

Oh and as far as the tablecloths go, no one will be comparing your dress to the tablecloths, really and truly.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_champagneoyster-dress-brides-show-me-your-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:1ca599a1-1ff9-47ed-8ee6-d3e150753930Post:965219dc-3a92-4da2-bb61-85694fe420d7">Re: Champagne/Oyster dress brides - show me your reception!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your dress (no matter what off-white color it is) is a neutral color, so because of that you can do whatever color scheme you want. Oh and as far as the tablecloths go, no one will be comparing your dress to the tablecloths, really and truly.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

This!

You are overthinking this. They are all shades of white.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree. My dress is oyster as well. As far as linens at the reception, I'm just using ivory. Like they said, no one will be comparing. My other colors (in my decor and on my BMs) is gray and black. Don't over think it. No matter what, YOU are the center of attention and you will be GORGEOUS!!! Enoy and congrats!
  • All the PP's are right. No one is really going to notice if your dress is oyster and your linens are white but I know where you're coming from. I am wearing an oyster dress and I have slightly altered my colors. My colors started as deep purple, a grayish purple, silver and dark grey. Now I changed the dark grey and silver to champagne and gold. I will still have some silver but both the gold and silver will be in smaller amounts. Your dress is a neutral so you can still use any color but the shades you choice might vary slightly.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress is champagne (in my siggy!) but I'm not even thinking about that matching my reception decor. Our colors are red and black, and we'll likely have ivory table/chair linens.  My b'maids are wearing black, and my bouquet will be a mix of red and dark red flowers.  Everything will look lovely with your dress, no matter what colors you choose.
  • No matter what color of dress, as long as suitable for good!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards