Attire & Accessories Forum

How far in advance to place men's suit rental order?

Hi ladies -
How far in advance have your husbands (or someone you know) given the store (in our case, Savvi) the exact suit/accessories/colors information?  I know the checklist says four months, but the checklist isn't always correct for everything...  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker
Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!

Re: How far in advance to place men's suit rental order?

• I think we did ours 8 weeks out or something. But it was also a mid-January wedding, we weren't exactly fighting people for reservations.
  • We did ours about 8 weeks out, but the tux shop told us we were way early. The guys didn't have to get measured and make specific reservations until 2 weeks before. Otherwise it was considered a rush order.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_far-advance-place-mens-suit-rental-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:1da750b0-31eb-4dd0-8773-660469502484Post:e5b500fe-e57a-437f-9d1b-aa84dbe7b695">Re: How far in advance to place men's suit rental order?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Men's Warehouse and they told us to be sure we had our wedding registered with them four months out.  This gave them an idea of the stock they'll need to have on hand as far as tie/vest/shirt colors go. (They guys don't have to be fitted until 3-4 weeks out).  Since we are getting married in December, they said they usually have a higher volume of rentals with holiday parties and stuff like that.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This. We got married in May which is Prom season. So we were told to make sure we have enough advance notice so they were sure to have what we needed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for your input everyone.  We are registered at a store in St. Louis (my fiance and I both live in Cleveland, but the wedding is in St. Louis), but we're not going to be there to go to the store we're registered at until the week after Christmas to pick out colors and what not.  The wedding is April 30th, so that's four months.  It's just making me a little nervous since that is the beginning of wedding and prom season!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • We did ours a month or 2 back & our wedding isn't until May.  We did so early just because Mens Wearhouse had a special that w/5 tux rentals the groom either gets his rental free or gets to purchase the tux up to $400 & he wanted to purchase his (but will have to pay a little on top of that since tux is over $400) and we wanted to make sure we didn't lose out on such a great deal.  We've paid all the deposits necessary & guys won't actually get measured till I believe April per MW.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards