Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Under the dress

Ladies, I need some advice. I'm a fairly small-busted gal, and I am looking for something to enhance my figure in my dress. I have a soft midsection that I'm really self-conscious of, so I always feel that if my knockers stand out a littler more it hides my squashy tummy. I'm trying to figure out if I should go to a corset style. I don't find padded bras very comfortable as my boobs seem to slip down to the bottom of them which makes it feel like I have cans of tuna stuck in my bra - but then I thought maybe some double sided tape to keep them in place?

I wore a Nu-Bra (a pair of adhesive cups that latch together) for our engagement photos and felt that it looked pretty good, so I'm thinking that might be the way forward - I could potentially even pair the Nu-Bra with a regular bra to keep all the cleavage in place while adding a little extra volume. What I really want is one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr--OnrNxQs, but I can't actually find anywhere that sells them. Nor can I understand anything being said  in the commercial, but from the images, it seems to imply that you can also use this to actually grow your boobs, which sounds spurious at best. 

Do you have a brand/style that you find works for this? My case is time sensitve; our wedding is on the 1st, so any thing that can be bought in a store is better. 

Re: Under the dress

• Options
    What style dress do you have?  If I knew this I would be able to help you out better...could you post a pic or a link to your dress? 

Could you possibly have your seamstress sew in some cups plus some padding to help enhance the girls?

• Options
    Seriously, a corset is probably the way to go.  It will suck in your tummy and boost the girls up, creating cleavage.  Instant winner.   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I had push up cups sewn into my dress.  It helped a lot.
  • Options
    uh.. soft midsection? Meaning you have extra weight there, or just not flat abs? 

Fredericks makes great push ups (the X-treme cleavage bra is amazing) and has some awesome corsets as well. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_under-the-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1e723d4b-300d-4013-a2c5-2643ee936dabPost:a51d3c4c-af9b-4b69-b5d9-724184d37692">Re: Under the dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]uh.. soft midsection? Meaning you have extra weight there, or just not flat abs?  Fredericks makes great push ups (the X-treme cleavage bra is amazing) and has some awesome corsets as well. 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
     <div>Just not flat abs. I have a very gently rounded tummy, no matter what I do. And because I'm flat-chested, I feel like it sticks out more than most peoples'. I am sad to say that I don't think Fredericks is available in Canada.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am interested in going corset, but my concern is that the dress is fitted through the bodice but is a fairly light fabric and I'm worried about lacing showing through. I do have some cups, but when I stuck them in, I felt like it just wasn't quite enough - and that they don't give much of any lift. The dress has straps, so I can easily wear a bra of some kind. I think what I'll have to do is go to the lingerie section of a department store (rather than a La Senza type place) and maybe get a consultation - and see if I can bring the dress in with me. Do stores let you do that?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_under-the-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1e723d4b-300d-4013-a2c5-2643ee936dabPost:cb379d76-0f00-4906-a875-8db860e2fc1b">Re: Under the dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]What style dress do you have?  If I knew this I would be able to help you out better...could you post a pic or a link to your dress?  Could you possibly have your seamstress sew in some cups plus some padding to help enhance the girls?
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]<div>
     It's a vintage style, straight neckline with French lace straps, fitted to the top of the hip with an A-line skirt. There's no boning whatsoever. It's ivory Dupioni silk with a gorgeous bustle. My junk in the truck looks faboo in it, I just wanna get my rack up to scratch! I bought it consignment, so I can't link to a picture - hopefully the description helps!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_under-the-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1e723d4b-300d-4013-a2c5-2643ee936dabPost:b5a55b69-7ca5-4183-aa88-3d126ff23b0d">Re: Under the dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Under the dress :   Just not flat abs. I have a very gently rounded tummy, no matter what I do. And because I'm flat-chested, I feel like it sticks out more than most peoples'.<strong> I am sad to say that I don't think Fredericks is available in Canada</strong>. I am interested in going corset, but my concern is that the dress is fitted through the bodice but is a fairly light fabric and I'm worried about lacing showing through. I do have some cups, but when I stuck them in, I felt like it just wasn't quite enough - and that they don't give much of any lift. The dress has straps, so I can easily wear a bra of some kind. I think what I'll have to do is go to the lingerie section of a department store (rather than a La Senza type place) and maybe get a consultation - and see if I can bring the dress in with me. Do stores let you do that?
    Posted by thousandtrees[/QUOTE]

<div>False. </div><div>I live in northern Washington and I travel to Vancouver, BC to go to a Fredericks ;) It can't hurt to try their store locator! </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not sure if you would want to lug your entire dress to a store to try on cups/bra... I would just wear a shirt with a similar cut up top.. but that's your call. Just be careful and don't dirty your gown!! :P </div>
  • Options
    Instead of taking your dress with you why not go to a lingerie store and buy a handful of different corsets and bras to try with your dress at home.  This way you don't have to lug your dress around or possibly get it dirty.  Just whatever you buy make sure you can return.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards