New Hampshire
Options

Help - Bridal Shower venue/space needed

Hi Ladies!

A friend of mine is getting married in May in St. Lucia and since she's having a destination wedding she is not having a bridal party.  Many of her closest friends are unable to attend due to the cost.  This has left the planning of her shower a bit up in the air and so myself and a small group of friends have to decided to take the lead and plan her shower. 

Initially I volunteered to host it at my house but now that we have the guest list and it's upwards of 60-65 people I'm not comfortable having such a large group at my house.  We are looking for an alternative space to rent and bring in our own food.  I know this can be difficult to find as many places have rules against food not supplied by a licensed caterer.  Does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpensive space we could rent for 60 people that allows us to provide the food and is somewhere in Southern NH or Northern MA?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA!

Re: Help - Bridal Shower venue/space needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.tupelohall.com

this is in Londonderry and its unique.  I thought of it for my wedding but ended up somewhere else.

I'm sorry, I dont have any other suggestions, I'm not from NH originally.  The only other place I can think of is the Salem/Derry Elks.  But I think Tupelo Hall would be better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do any of you (or any of her family, for that matter) live in an apartment or a condo complex that has a community room you can get for the day.  My shower was in a room like this and it worked out really well.  They only required a security deposit and then you got it back after (which I know because I threw a shower for a friend at the same place).  I would ask around.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Millys or Boynton's taproom in Manchester

• Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also the Londonderry Country Club....I LOVE the Tupelo! it would be perfect for a shower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  I'll look into them.

cg-pm52111 - I used to live in a townhouse and hosted my sister's baby shower in their club house, and yes, it was perfect!  Unfortunately, I've since moved and don't know anyone living in a condo community.  Great suggestion though!  Thanks!
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how you'd feel about this, but sometimes churches will rent out their "fellowship halls" for a fee.   The "atmosphere" might not be so pretty and the chairs are usually folding chairs though--but it's usually pretty cheap.  If you know someone who is a member of the church, they might be able to get it for you for free.  Of course, this usually means 'no alcohol'.

I hosted a baby shower two years ago and we did it at Arlington Street Methodist Church's hall in Nashua.  (They had a kitchen and we had to bring stuff in and then clean up after).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Piggy backing off what CGPM said - some of the apartment complexes around here have community rooms, so check with friends and family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her baby shower at a local Elk lodge in Pepperell, I think there is one in almost any big town or city.  THey would probably be reasonably priced
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards