Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Is this a weird dress fitting question?

When I went to try on my dress for the first time since it came in to the store it fit perfectly except in the bust.  The bra I had bought didn't work with the dress, so they said that they could put cups into the actual dress the same time they did the bustle.   I go next weekend to do all of this and I'm kinda worried about what to wear underneath.  Since I won't be wearing bra, what do I do while they're measuring how to put the cups in?  I don't want the girl to see me bearing it all...Is this a weird concern?
"The dress upped the ante."

Re: Is this a weird dress fitting question?

• Options
    its like being at the gyno, you need to bare a little skin for them to be able to do their job right.  but i guess if being naki is that uncomfortable for you during fitting, a cami would work :)
  • Options
    Cortney1982Cortney1982 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Well, there is always those stick on petals.
  • Options
    Yeah, my seamstress pretty much grabbed my boob and put it in the right place with one hand, and with the other slipped the cup in.  The she pinned the cup in place so she knew where to sew it.

Think of your seamstress as your mom, or your doctor.  She's seen boobs before.  Yours are no different.   If you're uncomfortable with another woman briefly seeing/touching your boob, then I have no idea how you make it through your yearly physical.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Mine actually had me hold the dress up and then handed me the cups to place inside myself.  It was no big deal.

You will love having cups in your dress (no bra, nothing to pull at all night).  No matter how the seamstress decides to get them in there, remember that it's for a good reason. 

When you tried on dresses, what did you wear then?  I felt far more exposed in my bra and underwear while dresses were pulled on and off of me by a stranger than I did when putting different size cups underneath a gown I already had on.
  • Options
    I got to be honest, this would be the least of my concerns. I know some people are more modest than I am, but just take this as one of those things in your life you'll have to do.

When I think of how much people saw when I gave birth, or have a mammogram, yeah as seamstress is not the top of my embarrassed list.

Good Luck, she most likely has done this a million times.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You could wear one of those sheer strechy bandeau style bras for a little modesty or the cami would work too
  • Options
    Like Joy2611, my seamstress handed me the cup and I placed it inside. We tried three or four different sizes until we found the right one. You'll want to shimmy them around to get them in the right place. And you will love them! Nothing to worry about. I'm sure she will understand if you are shy. GL!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I think I may be a bit more modest than usual when it comes to this...I'm usually ok at the doctor's (for some reason there's a difference for me), but I guess I'll just grin and bear it.  When I tried on dresses I was just wearing a bra and boyshorts and I was fine.  For some reason showing it all just kinda makes me anxious. Oh well!
    "The dress upped the ante."
  • Options

I totally understand sdeluna I am the same way. Just relax and whoever you bring with you (mom, sister, etc.) will help make it fun for you. My advice is just to relax. Good luck!

• Options
    I just had cups put in on my fitting on Wednesday.  The seamstress handed them to me and I put them in myself.  I love not having to worry about a bra!
  • Options
    Like many of the other posters, my seamstress just gave me the cups to put in myself. Once they were in a comfortable spot, she stuck the pins in the top. I did not have to bare anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards