Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

I HATE my wedding dress

Don't get me wrong its very pretty, and my wedding is a garden theme in the spring with a verrry casual feel. But I recieved my dress and I'm 5'0 and when I put the dress on, I just looked at myself and I hated it (btw mine has a white ribbon). what should I do? and the return policy is I still have to pay 60% of the dress and pay for shipping annnnd that is if they approve the return... so I feel that is NOT an option. please give me some ideas on what to do or if this has happened to you, tell me what you did

Ashley & james 3/16/13

Re: I HATE my wedding dress

• Options
    TheVirginiansTheVirginians member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    What don't you like about it specifically? It is so cute.
  • Options
    Cute!

Do you maybe need to have it shortened? I ordered a tea length dress and it looked kind of silly until I had it hemmed. Tea-length on me (or knee length you) is nothing like that length on a 5'10 model.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing as Bunni. Most tea length dresses look crazy on short girls until they are hemmed significantly.  Maybe fold it up and pin it so you can see if it makes a difference on how you feel about it.
  • Options
    I think you will like it better if you get it altered.  Make and appointment and talk to someone who can suggest some things to do you make you fall in love with it again. 
    Married April 27th 2012
  • Options
    Agree with PP. I bought a tea length dress once and it was AWFUL but I had it hemmed and it came out great. What about it do you not like?
  • Options
    I agree with all the previous posts. Make sure you have an alterations person look at it for you before you decide you totall hate it. What ABOUT it do you hate? It might be something that can be changed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The dress is really nice.. I don't know why you hate it. Anyways, visit some seamstress... One of my friend had the same issue and she bought some nice fabric and and i don't know seamstress managed to make it full length gown. You may consult a few seamstresses, if they could do the same to your dress.

• Options
    I think it is a cute dress! 

However, I think if you purchased it from the site where the watermark is from (angelweddingdress.com) you may have unknowingly purchased from a knock off site. I agree with PP, that maybe if you get it altered it would work better. I know I'm short, and I typically have to have everything I buy hemmed before it looks decent on me. 

If it is a bigger issue, like the fabric, you might be better off buying a new dress if you have the time and the budget. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hated my dress too. I was afraid the skirt looked stupid. So I finally broke down and showed my FI a pic of the skirt only. I blacked out everything else on MS Paint. He loved it and became more excited for the big day. So now I'm happy with the dress. bc the only opinion that matters that day will be my FIs
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_i-hate-my-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:24720a31-2ae4-49ae-ad33-a6d18407f924Post:ecf9b2fd-742e-4133-8c81-7272a991de0f">Re: I HATE my wedding dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hated my dress too. I was afraid the skirt looked stupid. So I finally broke down and showed my FI a pic of the skirt only. I blacked out everything else on MS Paint. He loved it and became more excited for the big day. So now I'm happy with the dress. bc the only opinion that matters that day will be my FIs
    Posted by DaveandRoxy[/QUOTE]

Haha, i did this too. I actually showed him the whole dress since the model was wearing it with no slip and it just looked completely different on her.

After he said he liked it, i started falling in love with it again.
  • Options
    the length I figured would look better if I shortened it but its mainly the straps (they're too long and for my body shape makes my arms look huge! I usually wear a strapless), and it's not much of a v-neck/sweetheart because the fabric underneath (not the tulle) goes almost straight across my chest. I ended up showing my fiance and he didn't like it much either :/ the bow cut my body off weird too. but without the ribbon/bow I turn into a marshmellow. I'd post a pic of me in it but It's embarassing. for my height and my weight (140) I just look so odd and I took clips and pulled things tighter (the straps) and the hem line up but it's the mid section that looks off.
    Ashley & james 3/16/13
  • Options
    I think it looks good, honestly! I'm not really sure what you don't like about it - is it the fit or the belt? I went for a simple dress which I loved at my first sight, but when I tried it on, it looked too simple. Well, I got some inspiration from here http://www.inweddingdress.com/custom-alterations.html
    So I think it needs more embellishment or just a bling belt. Luckily, the alterations really made my dress pop! What about adding something like this instead of your white ribbon on your waist.....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards