Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wearing Vans

My fiance and I are both about the same height, so I don't want to wear heels and tower over him. 

I'm thinking of wearing red vans (our colors are black, white and red).  Do you think this will look lame or cute?  I'm having problems finding any other red flats that are cute.  My other option is getting black flats - by changing the color it would be easier to find a cute sandal or ballet flat.

Re: Wearing Vans

• Options
    Buy cheap white flats, spray paint them red.
  • Options
    I voted for the black flats, but if you really want to wear red, go for it!  Did you google "red ballet flats" to see what showed up?
  • Options
    i think it all depends on your dress, is your dress whimsical and fun? or more serious? if it's on the fun side the tennis shoes are adorable! if not what about dyeable flats.
  • Options
    A friend of mine wore white bedazzled sneakers to her wedding.  She said she was probably the most comfortable bride ever.  I think the red Vans are great.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wearing-vans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:256e9547-4e9c-4758-a016-5e85e52977c1Post:d18a918e-f1b0-4ec8-8e7e-5451647b8594">Re: Wearing Vans</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine wore white bedazzled sneakers to her wedding.  She said she was probably the most comfortable bride ever.  I think the red Vans are great.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]
    This!
  • Options
    Everyone has different tastes and if you want to wear red Vans on YOUR day, I don't think you should stray from your idea. You don't want to look back and regret not wearing them, right? 

But if the idea is to be "quirky" and you're not 100% in love with the idea, I'm kind of over the "non-Bridal" shoes during weddings. Seriously, half of the weddings I've been to have had some member of the wedding party in sneakers/flip-flops/boots. It's almost as expected as wearing a white dress (but on the flip side, you probably won't upset older relatives by wearing them). 

I know for a fact that Badgley Mischka and Pour La Victoire make red satin bridal shoes in flats and low heels. HTH!
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
  • Options
    My fiance and I are also very close in height and I dont want to wear heels and tower over him so when I get married I plan on wearing converse :) so I think the red vans are an awesome pick!
    Photobucket
    My FI and Myself :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wearing-vans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:256e9547-4e9c-4758-a016-5e85e52977c1Post:4fdc9793-f8cd-4c54-b74c-7f9ceb00d91d">Re: Wearing Vans</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are also very close in height and I dont want to wear heels and tower over him so when I get married I plan on wearing converse :) so I think the red vans are an awesome pick!
    Posted by christiancasey[/QUOTE]

FI and I are both wearing converse :)  He's wearing pink, and I'm wearing green.

I think if you love the vans, you should go for it.  I think being comfortable and staying true to yourself is a good thing.  But if you're just doing it for comfort, flats are just as comfortable.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wearing-vans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:256e9547-4e9c-4758-a016-5e85e52977c1Post:a9456463-1428-4b1a-ab58-2e9ab2296bdf">Re: Wearing Vans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wearing Vans : FI and I are both wearing converse :)  He's wearing pink, and I'm wearing green. I think if you love the vans, you should go for it.  I think being comfortable and staying true to yourself is a good thing.  But if you're just doing it for comfort, flats are just as comfortable.
    Posted by alehayes[/QUOTE]

Our theme is black and white with vintage things thrown in the mix, then one color so we can do the flowers and centerpieces etc. in the color. We dont know what color yet but whatever color we pick is the color of converse I will be wearing :)
    Photobucket
    My FI and Myself :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards