New Hampshire
Options

When?

When is everyone getting married?

Why did you pick that month?

How long of an engagement?

How did you meet FI?

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
290image Made the Cut!!
175image Are Ready to Party!!
56image Are Party Poopers!!
59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

Re: When?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm already married, but I'm bored so I'm playing. Tongue out

When is everyone getting married?  July 17, 2010

Why did you pick that month?  It was a time when we both knew we had time to devote to the wedding (I had really always wanted a May wedding, but it just wasn't going to work with our schedule)

How long of an engagement?  17 months

How did you meet FI?  his mom and my dad played in the same folk group in church, met in 8th grade, but didn't start dating until end of my junior year of high school

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far?  we presented my grandparents with a cake to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary which was happening in August after we cut ours.  It was really sweet.

Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is everyone getting married? We're getting married on August 13, 2011
    Why did you pick that month? We originally wanted October, but we're both teachers (and there are many teachers in the wedding party, immediate family, etc.), so we decided a summer wedding was better.  We picked the 13th because fi's b-day is on the 13th of a month, and we got engaged on a 13th. :)
    How long of an engagement? about a year and a half.  Just the right length for us!
    How did you meet FI? We worked at the same summer camp :)
    What's the most unique part of your wedding so far? Gosh, that's hard! Maybe our potted flower (rather than cut flower) centerpieces? 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When is everyone getting married?: August 13, 2011

Why did you pick that date?: FI and I met on August 15, and the 13th was as close as we could get since we didn't want a Monday wedding! :)

How long of an engagement?: We got engaged on Christmas 2009, so by the time we are married we will have had a 20 month long engagement.

How did you meet FI?: I was working on my mater's degree and doing a community service project at the local soup kitchen and FI worked there as a social worker.  We met on a school supply give-away day and went out for coffee and the rest is history :)

What is the most unique part of your wedding so far?: We have a woodsy/hiking theme to our wedding, and strangely enough, we have found tons of things to fit the theme...usually when we aren't looking for them! :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June 4th, 2011

It was long enough after ski season ended that I could get FI involved

2 years

How did you meet FI?
    FI & I met at summer camp. I met him my first year as a JC but we didn't start dating until the summer after I worked for him on kitchen staff.

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far?
    Our officiant will be his Best man's father. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When is everyone getting married? July 2, 2011

Why did you pick that month? We wanted a June wedding but because of our sister's bother graduating high school we didn't want to interfere so we chose the next available date.

How long of an engagement? Just over 2 years

How did you meet FI? We met through my cousin but actually first started talking though AOL instant messenger.

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far? Our photobooth maybe
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is everyone getting married? July 17, 2010
    Why did you pick that month? I'm a teacher, and it just doesn't make sense to get married any other time than the summer. My birthday is July 4, and I didn't want our wedding to be so close. We also knew we'd want to take a longer HM, so the 17th fell right in the middle of the summer so we could take that long HM.
    How long of an engagement? 30 months!!!
    How did you meet FI? He lived down the hall from me in college
    What's the most unique part of your wedding so far? I'd say something our DJ did was pretty unique. It was a huge hit and a total surprise to us. I don't want to give it away because I know others have booked Dave :) I will say that it's been 4 months and the people I work with are still talking about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    September 8, 2012

It is my favorite month.  And it was the only one of 4 dates available
    4 1/2 years.

How did you meet FI?
    He came into where I worked one day.

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far
    Its not a part but I wouldn't book the venue until I booked the DJ I've dreamed about for the past 3 years.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is everyone getting married? July 16, 2011

Why did you pick that month? I wanted enough time after graduating school in May and it was one of two weekends open in July at my venue :)

How long of an engagement? 19 months

How did you meet FI? He came to my school in 8th grade

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far? I think we're doing a popcorn bar and maybe some other interesting things. Still working on it! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When is everyone getting married?May 7, 2011

Why did you pick that month?we picked it for the date- sequential prime numbers

How long of an engagement?1.5 years

How did you meet FI?FI & I met during a community theatre production of Cannibal! the Musical

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far?the ceremony music, composed and played by friends of ours
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Already married, but playing!

When is everyone getting married? I was married on October 16, 2010.

Why did you pick that month?  Neither of us wanted to get married in the warmth of summer.  The idea of wearing my gown in the heat was really not pleasant to me.  We both love Fall, so we decided October would be a great month!

How long of an engagement?  We were engaged for 17 months.

How did you meet FI?  We met online, actually.

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far?  Our wedding had a caricature artist and Jones Soda favors.  They were both a big hit!
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is everyone getting married?  July 30, 2011

Why did you pick that month? It picked us.  We wanted June but even though we were looking 14 months out our venue's earliest available date was in July.  Hopefully it won't be too hot!!

How long of an engagement?  It will be about 1 yr and 5 months.

How did you meet FI?  Through a mutual friend who went to college with him.

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far?  All of the DIY!!  It pretty makes everything one of a kind ;) I love it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When is everyone getting married? September 18, 2010

Why did you pick that month? I wanted a fall wedding and I LOVE September it always feels like the new year to me (mostly because of being in school for so long).  Also we had an outdoor wedding and Oct would be too cold.

How long of an engagement? 1 year and 2 months (Engaged 7/3/09)

How did you meet FI? Belated x-mas party at the college where we both worked.  I thought he was cute and my coworker set us up at the end of the night.

What's the most unique part of your wedding so far? I don't think we did too many unique things?  Maybe that we told the DJ not to play any line dances?
  • Options
    MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When is everyone getting married? May 29, 2011

Why did you pick that month? I originally wanted the fall but FI wanted spring. I figured since he actually had an opinion I'd go with it. As long as it wasn't in the middle of summer I was okay with it.

How long of a engagement? It will be 18 months

Where did you meet FI? I like to say we met in a bar because technically that is true. One of his best friends is a good friend of mine from work and we all went out for drinks one night.

What is the most unique part of your wedding so far? I'm not really sure- my fuschia stilletos? I have a shoe addiction :)

BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards