Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

having a hard time

I am having such a rough time with dresses. I have been out in my local area shopping, and trying on dresses has been such a pain. I call up shops and half of them have closed down, the shops that are open only have sample size 10 and under and being a size 16 I can't even fit my ass into to see if it is something I would like. I have been looking online and all the dresses I love are discontinued.  Now shortly I am traveling 5 hours a way to hopefully try on dresses, but honestly I am to the point I want to cry. I just feel like this should be a fun experience and it really hasn't been at all.

Re: having a hard time

• Options
    I am so sorry that you are having a bad time trying on dresses.  I am a size 18 and I went to David's Bridal.   They have so many dresses in stock in every size and they were very helpful. I hope things get better, because everyone should have a great experience wedding dress shopping!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    I would also recommend checking out david's bridal. Like pp, I had a really good experience with them. There are soo many dresses in so many different sizes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thank you. I have honestly already tried them. I think I am having a hard time because I want a simple flowy dress. I am getting married on the beach, and I know I am particular about what I like. I may have to go back and try them again.
  • Options
    Have you asked your local board to recommend shops that carry larger samples? I had the same experience as you, where I was trying on gowns that couldn't even get up around my hips. I asked my local for help, and they told me about places that had larger samples. I had a MUCH better experience and walked away very happy with a lovely dress.
  • Options
    Have you tried Kleinfeld's in NYC? They have such a tremendous selection, I can't imagine that they would not have sizes for everyone. I bought mine there and the service was excellent. Good luck!
  • Options
    I needed a 16 dress too, but could fit in some 14's and envision with a 12.  When I shopped I had two friends who were a 12 and an 8.  Not exactly the same body as me, but both busty and curvy.  If I really liked it and couldn't fit, I had them try it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards