Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

shape wear

Theres so many to choose from.  Granny panties, bike shorts, full covering ones. I'm confused.

What brand did you choose and did you love it. Did it stay in place, ect

Re: shape wear

• Options
    I love Spanx (the real stuff, no fakers), but didn't wear it under my wedding dress because of the low back on my dress. However I've worn it under other outfits in the past and it's great stuff.   Donna Karan makes a great pair of shaping hose that are super comfy and very silky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    spanx

They are worth the extra money
  • Options
    As much as I love Spanx, I am highly concerned about how the heck one goes to the bathroom with Spanx with a bridal gown. I imagine it to be a huge production considering how difficult it is to put Spanx on in a normal setting without a full skirted dress to work with. I think I'm going to end up going with a corset bra and regular panties.
  • Options
    Interestng I'd never heard of spanx till reccently. Bridal shop mentioned them. I'm way slender anyway though so why would they want to put me in spanx?
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Though I havent tried any of these things I was on the spanx website yesterday, signed up for their mailing list and got an email with a 10% off code.

I'm pretty thin, but after having a baby 2 years ago I find myself "lumpy" I could probably work it off but I'm sure i the end I'll wat something to suck my tummy in.
  • Options
    I've heard that there is a brand at Target called 'Assets' that a lot of girls love. I am thinking I'm going to try to find a pair I like next week so I can wear them at engagement pics soon.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I actually have both a pair of Spanx and a pair of the Assets from Target, and I prefer the Assets as far as slimming abilities go.

The bonus of the Spanx is that they are made with a little gap (for lack fo a better word) so that you can go to the bathroom.  It's not just a hole, the fabrics are layered so that under normal conditions you're covered, but when you sit down with your legs apart a bit it opens up.

As for the briefs/shorts/high-waisted issue, it depends on what you're trying to smooth.  If your only concern is your butt, then just the briefs are fine.  If you are conscious about your upper thighs, the shorts are a good choice.  If you want to smooth out something like a little muffin top, then the high-waisted ones are great (and you can get these in either brief or shorts form).  I have the high-waisted type (one in shorts and one brief) and they both stay put for me.

Be aware that they aren't exactly comfortable.  It is compression-wear, so you will feel like you're being squeezed.  Choosing the right size is absolutely important so you don't cut off any circulation or squeeze your abdomen to the point where you pull an Elizabeth Swan and pass out.  Smaller does not just mean it will work better.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shape-wear-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:28f1f1c3-2ad4-4d61-8377-abe5733fb3d7Post:86a5f685-7e47-467e-9264-c6e55201d10e">Re: shape wear</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interestng I'd never heard of spanx till reccently. Bridal shop mentioned them. I'm way slender anyway though so why would they want to put me in spanx?
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Even 90 pound celebrities wear spanx and other slimming undergarments that not only make you look skinnier but primarily smooth out all the lumps and bumps that may show in your wedding dress.

• Options
    thanks dogsandfrogs. thats the exact info i wanted. BTW, i hate frogs. Just thinking of them makes me gross out. ewwww
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shape-wear-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:28f1f1c3-2ad4-4d61-8377-abe5733fb3d7Post:d4b4a51f-b31c-4fd2-91e2-dd2a2dd869d2">Re: shape wear</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks dogsandfrogs. thats the exact info i wanted. BTW, i hate frogs. Just thinking of them makes me gross out. ewwww
    Posted by katslack[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!  Glad I could help.

I'm not a big fan of actual frogs either, but I used to wear pajamas with frogs on them (because cartoon ones are adorable), and someone said "that'd be a great screen name!" at some point.  Poof, it stuck.
  • Options
    I found one called Flexees and I absolutely love it. There is a closure between the legs and then and over layer that is a dress. I have worn it on many occasions as well as when I went dress shopping and since I'm not a size 2 it worked great while I was trying on wedding dresses. I have even wore it with jeans it doesn't ride up and is extremely comfortable Got mine at jc penny I love it so much I have 3 of them. Give it a shot you won't regret it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards