Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wrinkled veil?

My veil is kinda wrinkled and I don't know how to fix it.  Do you have any advice?  BTW, it has some sort of beading and crystal around the edges.
TIA !
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wrinkled veil?

• Options
     I would take in to a dry cleaners and have them steam it for you, they should no how to handle the veil and the bead work. Or see if the shop you got your dress from may be able to take care of it for you.
  • Options
    PP has good suggestions.  A dry cleaner, a tailor or a bridal shop should be able to handle it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Another thing you can do is when someone is taking a hot shower - hang the veil in there and let it get steamed up!
  • Options
    hot shower, and if that doesn't work, you could use the "steam only" setting on your iron or if you have a steamer... just pull gently on the fabric to get the wrinkles out.  Just like you'd do with a graduation gown ... no direct heat or it may burn. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    I have a handheld steamer from Target that I plan to use on my veil. If that is not an option, then I agree with pp who said to try hanging it in the bathroom while you take a hot shower.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would steam it flat with a steamer. If you steam it vertically or by hanging it while running the shower, the weight of the beads will pull the whole thing downwards, making it hang flatter and possibly even making it longer. Because of the weave of tulle, it's very easily shaped. To preserve the shape as well as possible, lay it out flat and steam it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards