Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Heel height

Hi everyone! So I just bought 4" heels to wear for my ceremony, and I was planning on changing into flats (Toms, to be exact) for the reception. However, I just started thinking...will this cause an issue with my dress length? I'm nervous my dress will appear too long at the reception with the decrease in heel height.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Heel height

• Options
    Yes, if your dress is hemmed for the heels and you switch to flats, it will be too long and you will step on it.
  • Options
    Yep. I had heels but ended up getting married barefoot b/c the grass was too wet for my heels, and my dress was too long. I had to hold it up or walk all over it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yes, it will be 4 inches too long...

I'm doing the same thing, but we aren't daning at our reception. It's just a nice family-feel supper, so I'm not really worried about picking it up to walk around IF I choose to change out of my heels.

Maybe you can get some wedges that are comfortable and compromise the height a bit less?
  • Options
    s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    http://www.toms.com/womens/wedges/ivory-glitter-women-s-wedges

And the heel is 3 1/4 inches so you won't be dragging too much.  How big is your dress? Do you need a bustle? You can have the seamstress bustle it a little higher for those shoes than for your 4 inch ones. AAND They're still Toms.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Your dress will definitely drag unless you change into platform flip flops instead. I did this after our ceremony and because of the style of my dress, nobody knew that I changed them since my feet never showed. Mine were white had sparkly crystals on them. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I wore 3.5 inch heels for the ceremony and then wore flats for the reception. I wasn't stepping all over my dress and it didn't cause problems for me walking/dancing. However, yes, the dress was obviously 3.5 inches longer so some guests did step on it occasionally on the dance floor. It really didn't cause any problems for me, though, but if you're worried about it I wouldn't do it.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!! I appreciate all of your advice :) I'm considering just wearing Toms for the ceremony and reception to make things easier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards