Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil confusion!!!

Hi ladies!

So...here's the issue. I have my dress (well...it's ordered) and I've been trying to figure out what kind of veil to wear with it.

My siggy pic is me in the dress (with a cathedral length mantilla veil that at the time I thought was sooooo perfect), so that should help, but if you want to see more pics of the dress, it's by Manuel Mota and is called Silaba.

More pics here:

TIA!!!

Re: Veil confusion!!!

• Options
    I think the veil in the picture is gorgeous....what's the problem?
  • Options
    Wow.  It looks great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm feeling like it's a bit much. I'm getting married in a hotel, and I feel like although the veil in the picture is perfect for a big church wedding, it's a little bit of overkill for a ceremony that is in, essentially, a restaurant (actually, it IS in a restaurant, lol). The two options I was considering were a shorter mantilla-style veil (this one, actually: http://tinyurl.com/elbowmant), a shorter tiered tulle veil, and a birdcage with a fascinator. So far I'm leaning towards the elbow-length mantilla, though...
  • Options
    FWIW, I have a cathedral length mantilla for an outdoor wedding, which is certainly more casual than that type of veil would call for.  When I tried on the dress, I knew it was perfect.  The veil came in and I just picked it up (still waiting on my dress!) and I tried it on tonight.  I had a momentary panic when I envisioned myself outdoors on a river bank with such a long and fancy veil, but the more I looked at it, the more I remembered just why I wanted it in the first place.  So what if it doesn't entirely go with my venue - it makes me feel like a million bucks.  Don't entirely let the venue dictate your veil.  Let what makes you feel beautiful do that.
    Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

Dancin' Shoes
  • Options
    I agree with the pp.....BUT if you're still doubting the more formal length, I like the shorter mantilla!
  • Options
    I love the longer one with it, but think you could get the same effect with a shorter one. Either way you'll look gorgeous!
  • Options
    I think the one in your siggy is beautiful with your dress but if you think it's a bit much then go with an elbow or fingertip length version.  If you want the long length but don't want the lace then do a plain cut edge.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    i love the long one, but the short mantilla would work too, do what you love, but the long one is stunning!
  • Options
    I kinda agree that it looks a bit "too much." I mean, it's beautiful, but all I see when I look at you is VEIL -- the dress (and you!) kinda get lost.

But I wore a birdcage veil, so i'm biased toward shorter styles =)
  • Options

The mantilla style is perfect for your dress.  I wouldn't go with a birdcage or anything like that IMO.  I think the length is what makes the one in your siggy look a bit formal, so I say go for the shorter version!

image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_veil-confusion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:2ac7e73e-0fd2-4282-8496-f62a091af224Post:9ecbb801-8385-4e62-bc16-2b2939ecc449">Re: Veil confusion!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kinda agree that it looks a bit "too much." I mean, it's beautiful, but all I see when I look at you is VEIL -- the dress (and you!) kinda get lost. But I wore a birdcage veil, so i'm biased toward shorter styles =)
    Posted by Just Jen[/QUOTE]

I agree - I think stick with the manilla but go with the shorter length
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • Options
    And this is why I love TK board. You ladies ROCK! I think I'm going to go with the shorter veil. I think the long one is just a little overwhelming for me. Plus, I have SHORT SHORT hair. So I think the shorter veil would be gorgeous with it, while the long one might look a little strange with it. And yeah, I know that people wear their hair in updos all the time with long veils, which essentially looks the same as having short hair, but...I don't know. That's just how my messed-up mind works, lol.

CMGr, the ceremony and reception are in a (semi-formal...ish) restaurant in an absolutely beautiful hotel in Philadelphia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards