July 2012 Weddings

In need os some advice, Please HELP! (sorry this is long)

So I am in need of some serious advice and getting down to crunch time and need to make some decisions. I have 4 Bridesmaids….. 2 who I grew up with ( R and D). To make things easier to follow I will name each with a letter. So my bridesmaid R has had a rough couple of years and D and I learned around Christmas time that she had a problem taking prescription pills and was seeking help.  D and I thought things had finally turned around after she returned from Rehab but learned about 4 weeks ago that that was not the case and she was entered into a much more serious program half way across the country.  Other then the contact D has had with R’s mom (they live down the street from each other where I am now 4 states away)…. There has been no communication. 

So here is my dilemma, I have several non refundable payments and information deadlines due this weekend.  R’s mother told D that she was going to get in touch with me over two weeks ago as she felt it was probably not in R’s best interest to be as involved with the wedding.  Which I totally understand and support.  R’s mother is the only who has been allowed contact with her and said she was going to speak to her about the situation, as she knew with my wedding just a few weeks away that I would have to have some answers before she would likely be released.  However, I have not heard from her mother and D is on vacation out of the country for a few weeks, so I cant even have her poke for me. 

I have tried to get a hold of R’s fiancé and get her mother’s phone number but have come up empty.  I would never ever ask someone to not be a part of my wedding after I had asked them.  I obviously asked them for a reason and the thought makes me sick.  But in saying that, I really dont know if my friend is going to be able to be a part of my wedding (for more reasons than not being able to physically attend), but given the time line I don’t really know how to proceed? 

Do I assume she is going to be there and proceed as I am not aware of the situation or do I have to make the tough call of admitting I need to plan without her and deal with the repercussions of telling when I have the opportunity to speak with her.  I adore my girlfriend and really all that maters at the end of the day is that she gets better.

I cant tell you how much I will appreciate some advice on this!

Re: In need os some advice, Please HELP! (sorry this is long)

• Well the only thing she really has left to do is show up the day of the wedding right? I would try and hold out for as long as you can.  From what you have said it doesn't sound like she is going to make your wedding.  So I would say hope for the best but plan for the worst.  If you are short 1 BM just have 2 GM walk with 1 of your other BM's.  Does she still need to get her dress altered? 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    Yes, her dress has become a bit small some so some signifigant alterations needed to be done and I know that has not happened yet.
  • That is a tough situation.  I would try to figure out a way to contact her mom, and I would try to let R know you are thinking about her - and not just because of the wedding.  Is she allowed to have mail at rehab?  I think some places still allow mail (that will be opened and looked at before the letter is given to the person) even if they don't allow calls or visits.  Write her a letter if you can.

As for the wedding, I would try to keep her in the wedding if possible and find a way to make it work, unles she thinks it's too much for her right now.  I think keeping her in the wedding would really show how much she means to you, and I am sure she needs support right now.  If the dress is too small and she doesn't have time to have it altered, would you be willing to let her wear something different?  A nice black dress or something she could buy off the rack. 
  • Oh boy.  What costs do you have coming up?  Like flowers and alterations?

Could you look her mom up in the phone book?  That would be what I'd do.  Find a way to talk to her Mom and get the situation laid out for you in black and white.  You're entitled to have the full story I think, or at least as much as pertains to you.  I'd be hesitant to just stop planning for her until I knew exactly what was going on.  She could be better by then and want to be there.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards