New Hampshire
Options

hi everyone

Hi everyone. Im in the planning process still and havent gotten very far. We have our date set, my dj taken care of and figuring out what were doing for food. We want to do a country theme but i have no idea on colors or flowers. im trying to get information on hall rentals now. and ordered samples of invitations today. also trying to think of fairly inexpensive favors and center pieces as we are doing a budget wedding because we have to pay for it ourselves and do not make to much money. thanks in advance.

Re: hi everyone

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

Its seems like you have gotten quite a bit done!  What month are you getting married? Have you thought about basing your colors on the season and the flowers available for that season?

You can save money by having non-floral centerpieces. You can find great things at Home Goods, TJMaxx and Marshalls. You can get great deals on candles at places like big lots or family dollar.

Good luck and welcome to the board!! The ladies here are great and full of great information and advice.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    krlassenkrlassen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were getting married at the end of august.
  • Options
    SoonToBeJRE11SoonToBeJRE11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dollar tree has great assortment of Cylindrical vases as well as gems, and river rocks to dress them up. 

Also for invitations, the DIY kits that you can get at Michaels crafts are a huge money saver.  This is one area that personally i think can be a huge savings.  We are getting married in October and my girls are each in a  different color dress.  My thought was to find the DIY kits on clearance knowing that they will probably be different.  I'm not sure what my mom will think, but personally when i get wedding invitations I save the information that day and the invitation goes in the trash.  Again that is my personal opinion, so not to offend anyone who loves invitations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards