Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Adding on Sparkles to a lace dress

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would be to add on some crystals or sparkles to the a lace wedding dress?  Thanks!

Re: Adding on Sparkles to a lace dress

• Options
    That is something I would do myself.  Super easy to lay them out how you want and sew them on.  That being said, shouldn't be that much since it's not complicated.
  • Options
    Are you wanting to add individual sequins and pearls to the lace already on a dress? That is super easy, I've done it on cocktail dresses, and my wedding dress & bolero.

You simply need to buy the sequins, beads or pearls you want, they are sold at most hobby and craft stores. You then need Aleen's "Ticky tack", or something like that, sold near the rest of the glues at craft stores. It's specifically made for adhering things like sequins/pearls/beads to fabric. It is white, but dries clear.

When I do this I put a piece of waxed paper underneath the lace item I am beading, so the glue will not stick to the table. I use a paper plate and put a dab of the glue on the paper plate. I then dip a toothpick into the dab of glue, touch it to the area I want to adhere the bead/sequin/pearl to, then pick up the individual bead and place it on the glue dot. If I know where I want to put the bead, I'll put up to 3-4 dots at a time on the lace, then attach the items individually. While the glue dries pretty quickly, you can do a few dots at a time before the last one is dried.

Let the garment sit for 24 hrs before turning it over to do the other side, or hanging it up when you are done.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_adding-on-sparkles-to-a-lace-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:311a6e3d-4f50-43bb-b3b3-4fb51df1ff79Post:4ebdf289-d44c-41ed-b60f-cc56da073410">Re: Adding on Sparkles to a lace dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you wanting to add individual sequins and pearls to the lace already on a dress? That is super easy, I've done it on cocktail dresses, and my wedding dress & bolero. <strong>You simply need to buy the sequins, beads or pearls you want, they are sold at most hobby and craft stores. You then need Aleen's "Ticky tack", or something like that, sold near the rest of the glues at craft stores. It's specifically made for adhering things like sequins/pearls/beads to fabric. It is white, but dries clear.</strong> When I do this I put a piece of waxed paper underneath the lace item I am beading, so the glue will not stick to the table. I use a paper plate and put a dab of the glue on the paper plate. I then dip a toothpick into the dab of glue, touch it to the area I want to adhere the bead/sequin/pearl to, then pick up the individual bead and place it on the glue dot. If I know where I want to put the bead, I'll put up to 3-4 dots at a time on the lace, then attach the items individually. While the glue dries pretty quickly, you can do a few dots at a time before the last one is dried. Let the garment sit for 24 hrs before turning it over to do the other side, or hanging it up when you are done.
    Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what my friend did. She's Indian and wore a red dress but didn't find one she liked with a wow factor.  So she blinged it out herself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I asked David's Bridal, they said it could run $400-$600 depending on how many beads and all that. The consultant helping me actually advised I just do it myself ha. So apparently, they overcharge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards