Attire & Accessories Forum

What should the brother of the groom wear?

My fiance's brothers want to wear tuxedos, but since they are not in the wedding party I think they shouldn't. Especially since my brother isn't, and it is an informal wedding. Any insite would be appreciated.

Re: What should the brother of the groom wear?

• Honestly, its not worth worrying about. Let them wear whatever they want. They are adults they get to choose what they wear.

• I agree with PP, let them wear what they want. I do think that they probably will look silly if they wear tuxes to an informal wedding, but if that's what they want to wear then you really can't say anything, and it makes THEM look silly, not you.  I would just let them know it's informal, maybe mention what your brother is wearing, and let them make their own decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If they want to wear tuxedos, let them.  They will look kind of ridiculous when they're overdressed...  If they candidly ask, tell them a suit is proper attire.
  • You can always suggest, or have your fiance suggest that a suit would look nice and be appropriate for your day.  But, ultimately you don't get to pick the outfit of your guests.
  • Ditto PP.  Because they're not in the WP, you don't get to dictate their attire.  If the wedding is informal, they'll look silly and overdressed, but that's their problem, not yours.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards