New Hampshire

Poll: Printing on invitation envelopes...

Tacky?  What about RSVP envelopes?

Re: Poll: Printing on invitation envelopes...

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have terrible handwriting and a calligrapher was not in our budget so I printed right on the envelopes.  We only got compliments on our invites, and I thought they looked more finished. (I also used the same font that I used in our invites)
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Some say that it isn't good ettiquette, but I am printing them onto labels and going from there.  I guess it depends on how formal your wedding is. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are using clear labels and I downloaded a calligraphy font to use.  I just can't address them all.  So time consuming and unfortunately a professional was way out of our budget.  We did get a nice return stamp on etsy for the back of each envelope.
    Faux pas or not....it was our best option
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mabsy69mabsy69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chelley599 - if you don't mind sharing, who did you use on Etsy for the stamp?  I get a bit overwhelmed when I try to find anything on there and my envelopes could use something pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    I printed on mine and I think it looks nice.  Much nicer than how my handwriting would have been after 85 of them.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    My fi and I were just invited to a wedding, and the bride had the addresses printed on the envelopes and the RSVP postcard in a pretty font.  I think they looked professional and elegant, so I say go for it! 
    Anniversary
  • Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I printed on both my invites and RSVP.  It is not in the budget for callgraphy.  I just used a pretty font that matched my invites (ALS Script)
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had red envelopes, and printed the addresses on clear labels for my invitations.  I used one of the fonts from my invitations.
    I'm quite sure I'm the ONLY one who noticed the labels and the font detail. 
    I think some "rules" are just silly these days, when brides are SO busy doing everything - working, planning, etc. 
  • edited December 2011
    I printed on the RSVP envelopes no problem, but the actual invitation envelopes won't print at all. Every time I went to print them, the printer was telling the computer the paper size didn't match the document size even though they did! It's a sign from my etiquette-wise grandmother...I guess I should handwrite them. Ugh.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm hand calligraphing my invitations. The envelope is navy blue and I can't print on that color, so silver calligraphy it is! I don't think printing on the envelope is as tacky as labels. It would really depend on the kind of reception you're having though.

The RSVP envelopes are light green, so I'm printing directly onto the envelope. I don't think RSVP envelopes are as big of a deal because they're going right back to you.
  • TroyandKellyTroyandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is fine.  Who pays attention to that stuff anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards