New Hampshire

Brewery Wedding?

Hello!
 I was wondering if anyone has any information about the Red Hook Brewery, Portsmouth NH  wedding venue. Has anyone been to a wedding there recently, know what it's like? I think this is a unique wedding reception site and am really interested, but there's not a lof of reviews around the web.

Thanks!

Re: Brewery Wedding?

• I was there for a wedding in December. It was okay I was considering a wedding there for a while and it is no longer in the running.

The food was good and a brew tour was included in our package which was really neat. The reception room was large and I know the food is fairly inexpensive. It's a neat place, easy to get to, lots of parking.

The biggest con is that the Acoustics are AWFUL as there are no ceilings. In the room where the ceremony occurred, we couldn't hear anything. We did not hear the vows. In the reception room, we could not hear anything anyone said over the microphone...so all the speeches and the DJ were lost to us. Second, you're in a brewery so it's not very wedding like. There will be a big poster of beer behind the ceremony spot...didn't come out that great for photos.. and there's not much room in the ceremony area.

With that said, if an outdoor wedding is an option, I think this would be a great place for sure. Or, if you are both beer fanatics and it's a huge part of your life, this would also be a great place.  Just try to find a solution for the acoustic issue in advance.

I did a pinterest for brewery wedding when I was considering it: http://pinterest.com/suriaah/brewery-wedding/
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Thank you for the information, when you went in December, how large was the wedding? I think we're more interested in the outside patio but need a back up plan in case the weather is bad. Thanks again!
  • Hmm, I'd say it was 80-100 people.  Have you talked to them yet? Here is info they gave me last year about rental below. The rental fees reduced the attractiveness of the place for me as they weren't really willing to negotiate. $1500 for the space plus $1600 for the tent together is basically what I'm paying to have a tented wedding at a country club....total (less beverages).

-The room rental fees for weddings are as follows:

Alemaker’s Hall (our biggest function room, holds up to 200 people):                            $1,000

Tour Gallery (smaller room with views of the brewhouse, holds up to 56 people:     $500

Half Beer Garden ( half of the patio, generally used for parties of 30-75 people):      $500

Full Beer Garden (full patio, for parties of more than 75 people):                                     $1,500

-The current tent prices are approximately $1600 for a tent that would cover the entire patio and approximately $800 for a tent that would cover half the patio.  The prices of the tent include everything needed for the tent.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards