Attire & Accessories Forum

Too much?

I love the idea of my "something blue" being my jewelry. I've already got the dress (click), and I've fallen in love with this jewelry (click) in either the blue teal peacock (the first pic you see) or ocean blue (4th pic down, far left).

Is it too much with this dress (i'll have a veil, too, but it's tiny flowers, not a tiara), and if not, which color?
Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too much?

• LOVE!  the stones are a tiny bit large for my personal taste, but the design is simple enough that it would add an elegant touch of color without overpowering the entire look.

Personally i'm a fan of the ocean blue color, but if your BM have more of the bold colors, maybe go with that one to coordinate with them?
  • I think it would go fine with your dress.  And really not too expensive if it's something you love enough to use again with a cocktail dress so probably worth getting and seeing how it pulls together with your gown.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Haha I meant too much with the dress, not too much money :) But just needed honest, anonymous opinions from the wonderful ladies of TK!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like them and have something similar, I don't think it would be too much with the necklace OR the earrings, but it may be too much with both. Does that make sense?
  • I think the set would look beautiful with that gown. It looks a lot bigger in the picture than it really is. The specs say they're only about 1.5" long. And since the necklace is just a simple pendant, I don't think it's too much with the earrings, but that's me. If you like it, go for it!

• I like the blue.   I was thinking of doing something similar-   we are getting married on the beach, destination wedding & the colors we are using for decorative accents are blue/teal.

I say go for it!   So many people do basic white pearls or clear stones, this would be something different & I don't think it would be too much.
  • Love it, especially with that dress! I think the peacock would be best. Very very elegant! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards