New Hampshire
Options

Venue Help

Hi Ladies,

So, one of my colleagues just got engaged and I told her I would post to see if any of you have any idea for her.

She lives in Weare and has family in Weara and Amherst. She is looking for a venue where she could get married outside and does not want to have any "busy" sounds. I asked her about getting married in Manch or Nash and she was not thrilled with those ideas because she does not want to get married somewhere where you might hear busy streets. I am not super familiar with her area. Any suggestions??

TIA!

Re: Venue Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My coworker also lives in Weare and she got married at Pat's Peak.  She had the ceremony at a church nearby, but I'm pretty sure Pat's Peak does ceremonies.  They were really happy with it and it's affordable.  GL!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Pat's Peak does do ceremonies and their prices are very reasonable

My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Pat's Peak. That would be right down the road for her and definitely not in the city. A friend of mine got married there in 2008 and was thrilled with them and their prices.

I can't think of what else would be out that way. I know New England College is out that way too, but I don't know what they'd have. There is also the Concord Area, where I'd say there is Kimball-Jenkins, Courtyard Marriott or the Holiday Inn.

My mom lives in Weare and they take a lot of back roads through that area. Let me see if she's got any ideas :)
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the area very well but there is The MIle Away Restaurant in Milford. Outside ceremony, tented reception, and very quiet secluded place. No "busy" sounds. If you use the crown plaza in Nashua (or there is another one in manch that will do this too) you get a free shuttle  to and from the venue. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Searles Castle. It's up on this big hill in Windham, NH and is sooo beautiful! I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Shattuck Country Club in Jaffrey. I'm not sure about the drive but they also do outdoor ceremonies.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    Megglez2008Megglez2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Mile Away. I live like two minutes from it in Milford. It's beatiful and quiet. We had looked there and I loved that they had the shuttle to and from the Crowne Plaza.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My knot ladies never disappoint. Thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Candia Woods, they do ceremonies as well and not in a city at all!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gabs, Pat's Peak is beautiful, and their prices seemed pretty reasonable.  They have adorable rustic rooms and nice views from the big windows!  I've never been to a wedding there, but I've seen photos! :) 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    edited December 2011
    Also Stonebridge Country Club in Goffstown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A beautifully secluded area is Gunstock Mountain Resort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards