New Hampshire
Options

Gratuities for vendors

Hi ladies -
I could use some help on what amount to give our vendors as gratuities ...

Do you give a % of their total charge or a set amount like $100 for photographer and DJ, etc?  

Also, how far into the staff at the venue did you give gratuities?  The coordinator, the banquet captain are obvious.  But how about the servers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- 24 days and counting!!!

Re: Gratuities for vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your vendor. Some vendors have gratuties already included in the price. Double check your contracts to be sure you do not pay gratuity twice. For example, the limo companies I have looked into include the gratuity in the price quote. I also know that our venue will charge us 18% for the servers/staff, and that will be included in the bill for our reception package/meal. I'm not sure about photographers and DJs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check to see whether gratuities are included, but I've also heard that you can give additional tips to individuals that go over the top with their service. I read in the book Bridal Bargains that you should give the additional tips to the person not the company because the staff may not see the extra tip otherwise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another factor to consider is if they are the company owner (you don't need to tip them).   Definitely check your contracts to be sure you're not double tipping!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards