Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Hmmm.. dress opinion please!

Ok so my soon-to be hubby and I have been together for 14 years. 8 years ago we had the dream wedding all planned out, The perfect location (a yacht) the perfect dress, the perfect attendants and the perfect bridal shower. 1 month before the wedding it all came crumbling down. We had deposits put down, (we lost them all) I had my bridal shower, and all of the invites were sent out and confirmed. My fiance called me from AZ where he was based in the Air Force (I was still living in South Florida) and told me that he was being unexpectedly discharged. I was 21 at the time and him, 23. I was in college (going to relocate college to AZ once we were married) we were financially unstable if he had lost his job... There was no way we would have been able to make a marriage work... So we did the big-kid thing and made a huge choice to postpone the wedding temporarily (so we thought).

8 years later we have still kept our engagement and are so in love still. My dilemma.... The wedding dress. It is 9 years old (not that that matters because it is still so beautiful) But it just does not make me feel beautiful anymore, is not appropriate for a daytime wedding (more a black tie affair night wedding with 200 guests) and does not fit me the same (even though I have dropped 35 lbs) Soooo... I have decided to part with the dress (I think) and go for something more romantic and beachy (we are getting married on a cruise ship in the afternoon).

I am attaching a picture of the dress. Can someone please give me their opinion? Thank you very much! 

Re: Hmmm.. dress opinion please!

• Options
    So this dress is the one you are saying is more of a black tie night wedding?  Hmm...I think quite the opposite. 
    Or are you saying this is the dress you are thinking of changing to?
  • Options
    This is the dress that I am considering wearing instead. It is a beachy wedding on a cruise ship in June.
  • Options
    I actually think that dress would be lovely, especially for a daytime cruiseship wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I LOVE THIS DRESS!!!!  If I were having a daytime wedding I would opt for a dress similar to this.  I absolutely adore the pop of color and the non-traditionalness of the dress.

Perfect.  Just perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wow, I LOVE the dress!! congrats on your impending nuptials!!! for a cruise ship in the summer, it is just perfect. who is it by, if i may ask??
  • Options
    Thank you so much girls! I was so worried because it is not traditional at all. The dress is by Paparazzi. If you do a google image search for white floral paparazzi dress it will pop right up. This dress will only be out until March because it is their special collection! Thanks again!
  • Options
    That is a beautiful dress and I think it would be perfect for a cruise wedding!
  • Options
    Go for it! It's beautiful and unique!
  • Options
    It´s a beautiful dress!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really love this dress, I'd definitely wear it!
  • Options
    LOVE it.  Go for it.  You will look amazing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love it!
  • Options
    Not to crush the "OMG we love it!!!" party,  but have you talked to your FI about wearing a non-traditional dress?  You don't have to show him the actual dress if you don't want to, but I know I mentioned wearing a light blue dress (there's a gorgeous Mori Lee ballgown I love in that color) and he wasn't really a fan of a non-traditionally colored dress, because it didn't fit with his mental picture of what our wedding day would look like.  I'm not saying FI should get veto power - it's your dress, after all - but you might want to at least make him aware that something so non-traditional is a possibility.  Guys have mental pictures of their weddings too!
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    sweetkeexsweetkeex member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Love your dress! The colors are vibrant and it's absolutely lovely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards