Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Picking grooms/groomsmen tuxes

I was just wondering if it is normal for the bride to help pick out the grooms tuxedo.  It has nothing to do with seeing each other before the big day.. more like i want to make sure he gets a style i like and nice shoes.
Also, would i be able to help pick out the groomsmen tuxes?

Re: Picking grooms/groomsmen tuxes

• Options
    If he wants your help, you can go with him.

If he says he'd rather do it alone, then respect that and stay home.

It's not about what style YOU like. It's about what HE likes. Unless he invites you along, stay out of it.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    H and I went together to pick the tuxes out and then we went by himself with his GM's for the fittings, etc. We went with MW and they had different patterns on the vests to choose from and he wanted me to help with it. It also meant I couldn't go shopping with my girls until he picked his colors out bc only certain vests came in the colors I was wanting for my BM's.

We ended up compromising and going with silver ties and vests for the GM after we went one day, went home & thought about our options and went back the next day and it all came together.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_picking-groomsgroomsmen-tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:43313db1-c06e-4587-bb7c-4fbb3fbc8542Post:cb6ef201-1f62-4b1a-bcd9-8ae357d16693">Re: Picking grooms/groomsmen tuxes</a>:
    [QUOTE]If he wants your help, you can go with him. If he says he'd rather do it alone, then respect that and stay home. It's not about what style YOU like. It's about what HE likes. Unless he invites you along, stay out of it.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]
    *thumbs up*
  • Options
    I've been looking with my FI...but only when he asks questions. i think it's been handy for him to have me there and handy, instead of having to call or have me come by. Just don't try to pick them for him! (and only exercise your veto in extreme cases) 
  • Options
    FI wants to go by himself or with his mom to get his suit, but I'm trying to convince him that I should go too.  I only say this because he's a fashion mess!  He's a hard size to fit since he's so tall, so he's gotten used to wearing hugely oversized clothes and now thinks things that actually fit are too tight.  So I want to go and make sure he finds something that is flattering and good on his frame.  But...if he sticks to his guns and doesn't want me to go, I'm not going to push it.  It's not something I feel is worth fighting over. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards