Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Ivory vs. white

Need your opinions...

My dress is ivory.  Must the groom/groomsmen also wear ivory shirts?  If they wear white shirts will my dress look dingy?  (I've heard this from many people.)

Do my linens then also have to be ivory to match my dress?

Re: Ivory vs. white

• Options
    My dress is ivory, and I have been told that the GM and groom can wear white shirts, because in pictures and IRL, nobody will notice the color difference.  My room in wearing white shirt with ivory vest and tie. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    Ivory is basically a shade of white, so even if you get ivory shirts they still might not match.  However, I do prefer crisp white shirts and I think that ivory shirts on them are more likely to look dingy than your dress next to white shirts.
  • Options
    Ivory dresses usually look pretty white.  Ivory shirts are much darker.  I'd go with white shirts, all you see of them is the collar and cuffs anyway.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I had an ivory dress and groomsmen had white shirts while DH worn a Lapis shirt with an Ivory tie to match my dress.  It looks fine and in pictures you can't tell.

Ivory dress shirts are typically MUCH darker than ivory dresses. . just as an FYI :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Let your FI pick his  own shirt color. White is fine if he wants it.

Nobody will notice or care if your linens perfectly match your gown.
  • Options
    I think ivory shirts and linens look dingy. White is a classic and will look best for shirts and linens.  No one is going to think anything about the "white" linens/shirts and the "ivory" dress.
  • Options
    My dress was ivory and the guys wore ivory shirts and I don't think any of us looked dingy. It really just comes down to personal preference. I brought my ivory shoes into MW and compared them to the white shirts and we both didn't like the contrast so we went with the ivory.
  • Options
    My dress is ivory as well, and I have been told that it is ok for the groom and groomsmen to wear white shirts.  When you get and Ivory shirt, it tends to look yellow, and it is not very attractive at all.  I would go with the white shirt! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards